Lumia 640 Amazon - 99$ ??

LumiaGuy

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Comes up as $108.95 for me - Sold by Emily's Store and Fulfilled by Amazon. There are other new offers from $82.44 also - some are AT&T GoPhones though.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
The AT&T GoPhones are being sold for 59.99 in the US. If you're a student then you can grab it for an additional 10% discount. Though these phones are locked to AT&T an unlock code can be requested and is fulfilled for free for non-AT&T customers.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Comes up as $108.95 for me - Sold by Emily's Store and Fulfilled by Amazon. There are other new offers from $82.44 also - some are AT&T GoPhones though.

They just changed it.. It was 99 + like 5 $ shippg. Now it's 108 + free shipping lol..

The AT&T GoPhones are being sold for 59.99 in the US. If you're a student then you can grab it for an additional 10% discount. Though these phones are locked to AT&T an unlock code can be requested and is fulfilled for free for non-AT&T customers.

You're saying I an buy an AT&T go phone outside of the U.S and contact AT&T to unlock it for me even thought I am not U.S citizen? :/

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Always thought the gophones had to br active for at least two weeks on att network before it would be possible to request an unlock code

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
There are many ways you can do this (I've purchased over 8 of these for many of my co-workers that all came to the liking of WindowsPhone after I showed was them features of mine),I'm from Caribbean also,most of the merchants sell you AT&T Go Phone with a paper with unlock code to enter into your phone once you unbox ,I had issue once purchasing from CrazyLowPrices Merchant whereby the paper included in packaging had the phone's IMEI # as the lock code,contacted seller,wanted to do replacement of phone once phone is returned but i live in Caribbean so that would be costly and lengthy also,I then used http://www.cellunlocker.net/ to purchase unlock code ,contacted back CrazyLowPrices ,they refunded me the cost of unlocking the phone which was about 30 bucks and took 3 days to email me code. I then didn't want to go through that anymore so I contacted all merchants that are selling the Lumia 640 unlocked on Amazon and apparently EmilyStore merchant is only one that ships phone unlocks without you having to put in codes(less hiccups of any sort) and offer Prime Shipping too to get fast if you have Prime subscription.EmilyStore cost little more than others ,$110 @ my time of purchases.What you can also do is purchase during Best Buy Black Friday deal whereby BestBuy selling Lumia 640 for $30,AT&T unlock for another $30,get screen protector,micro SD and case,that should bring you to around 110 & you'll get phone with needed accessories,at least that's what I'm doing for some other workmates,so far converted about 10 workmates and will have about 4 more with Black Friday coming up,even showed some The October Devices Presentation and some planning on getting Lumia 950 also.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Get a GoPhone and do NOT put any SIM in or try to activate it.

It will unlock. All you need is an email address. ATT is very liberal about unlocks right now. I have unlocked 5 devices through them this calendar year and I have NEVER been an ATT customer. (520 GoPhone x2, 635 GoPhone, 830 ATT branded, Lumia 2520 ATT branded) Unlocks were coming FAST the last couple times I did it.My 2520 unlocked in under a minute!!! http://forums.windowscentral.com/t/332109-2.htm#post3202308

Go to the portal, accept the conditions and use the "Non-ATT Mobility Customer" option. https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...tt.com%2Fdeviceunlock%2F%23%2F&token=AnqI8k5c

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

Yeah I just checked myself,remember Emily's Store you get it unlocked and don't have to do unlock process yourself

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
There are many ways you can do this (I've purchased over 8 of these for many of my co-workers that all came to the liking of WindowsPhone after I showed was them features of mine),I'm from Caribbean also,most of the merchants sell you AT&T Go Phone with a paper with unlock code to enter into your phone once you unbox ,I had issue once purchasing from CrazyLowPrices Merchant whereby the paper included in packaging had the phone's IMEI # as the lock code,contacted seller,wanted to do replacement of phone once phone is returned but i live in Caribbean so that would be costly and lengthy also,I then used Unlock Codes & Network Cellphone Unlocking | CellUnlocker.net to purchase unlock code ,contacted back CrazyLowPrices ,they refunded me the cost of unlocking the phone which was about 30 bucks and took 3 days to email me code. I then didn't want to go through that anymore so I contacted all merchants that are selling the Lumia 640 unlocked on Amazon and apparently EmilyStore merchant is only one that ships phone unlocks without you having to put in codes(less hiccups of any sort) and offer Prime Shipping too to get fast if you have Prime subscription.EmilyStore cost little more than others ,$110 @ my time of purchases.What you can also do is purchase during Best Buy Black Friday deal whereby BestBuy selling Lumia 640 for $30,AT&T unlock for another $30,get screen protector,micro SD and case,that should bring you to around 110 & you'll get phone with needed accessories,at least that's what I'm doing for some other workmates,so far converted about 10 workmates and will have about 4 more with Black Friday coming up,even showed some The October Devices Presentation and some planning on getting Lumia 950 also.

It's comforting to know that you are from the Caribbean. I am also from the Caribbean so you basically just sealed the deal for me :)

It will unlock. All you need is an email address. ATT is very liberal about unlocks right now. I have unlocked 5 devices through them this calendar year and I have NEVER been an ATT customer. (520 GoPhone x2, 635 GoPhone, 830 ATT branded, Lumia 2520 ATT branded) Unlocks were coming FAST the last couple times I did it.My 2520 unlocked in under a minute!!! http://forums.windowscentral.com/t/332109-2.htm#post3202308

Go to the portal, accept the conditions and use the "Non-ATT Mobility Customer" option. https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...ps://www.att.com/deviceunlock/&token=zVfO9HTZ

Great. Thanks for the advice :)

I can safely buy the 640 from Microsoft Store for 60$ and get it unlocked then! Will report back once I'm successful :)

Last edited:

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Go to the portal, accept the conditions and use the "Non-ATT Mobility Customer" option. https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...ps://www.att.com/deviceunlock/&token=wb7sjSwK

Is there a difference between this (http://www.amazon.com/AT-Nokia-Lumi...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3293196)

and this ( Buy AT&T - Microsoft Lumia 640 (Black) - No Contract - Microsoft Store)

One says go phone, and one doesn't. and there is a 20$ difference.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is there a difference between this

The box it comes in and the support ATT gives it.

GoPhone's typically never get updates, or very few.

An ATT branded one like the one in the Microsoft Store is MUCH more likely to get an OTA to Win 10 Mo from ATT than a Go Phone would.

Price being =, get the ATT.

DEATH INC

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Isn't microsoft handling the updates for the lumias themselves? Also if you update a att gophone with insider wont it just automatically update to RTM or whatever when its released?

Also the ATT 640 in the microsoft store simply redirects you to the gophone 640 on att's website.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Isn't microsoft handling the updates for the lumias themselves? Also if you update a att gophone with insider wont it just automatically update to RTM or whatever when its released?

Also the ATT 640 in the microsoft store simply redirects you to the gophone 640 on att's website.

Doesn't redirect me.

The carrier still has a say in the updates. But a lot less say than before.

LumiaGuy

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
The box it comes in and the support ATT gives it.

GoPhone's typically never get updates, or very few.

An ATT branded one like the one in the Microsoft Store is MUCH more likely to get an OTA to Win 10 Mo from ATT than a Go Phone would.

Price being =, get the ATT.

I've had my AT&T GoPhone Lumia 520 for a little over two years and have had no issues getting updates?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I ordered two from the Microsoft Store. One for myself and a friend.

Buy AT&T - Microsoft Lumia 640 (Black) - No Contract - Microsoft Store

Now.. We wait... *jeopardy music plays*
Keep this is mind and follow it exactly: DO NOT TURN ON THE PHONE WITH THE AT&T SIM CARD INSIDE IT!! It's inserted by default and the moment you turn on the phone AT&T considers it as a prepaid device activated on its network and doesn't let you unlock without using it for 6 months.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077