Lumia 640 Amazon - 99$ ??

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Keep this is mind and follow it exactly: DO NOT TURN ON THE PHONE WITH THE AT&T SIM CARD INSIDE IT!! It's inserted by default and the moment you turn on the phone AT&T considers it as a prepaid device activated on its network and doesn't let you unlock without using it for 6 months.

How will they know the phone is on? It won't be connected to their network...

But i will take your advice and read the IMEI of the back of the device or box and not turn on the phone (without the at&t sim card :wink: ) until they *hopefully* send me the unlock code :)

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
How will they know the phone is on? It won't be connected to their network...

But i will take your advice and read the IMEI of the back of the device or box and not turn on the phone (without the at&t sim card :wink: ) until they *hopefully* send me the unlock code :)

You can turn on the phone but make sure you remove the SIM card before doing that (it's inserted by default, that's what I meant).

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Keep this is mind and follow it exactly: DO NOT TURN ON THE PHONE WITH THE AT&T SIM CARD INSIDE IT!! It's inserted by default and the moment you turn on the phone AT&T considers it as a prepaid device activated on its network and doesn't let you unlock without using it for 6 months.

So both Sims out. Both requests sent. Waiting now. Said 2-3 business days so by Wednesday for the latest.

Can I connect to WiFi in the mean time to set up phone and maybe install w10m?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So both Sims out. Both requests sent. Waiting now. Said 2-3 business days so by Wednesday for the latest.

Can I connect to WiFi in the mean time to set up phone and maybe install w10m?

Yep. WiFi away.

I think the 2-3 business days is when they are at peak. Maybe sooner. :)

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yep. WiFi away.

I think the 2-3 business days is when they are at peak. Maybe sooner. :)

Got an email for one of the two phones

Unlock request number:
Hello,
Your request for device unlock requires additional research to determine eligibility. Please be assured that we are actively working on it. We?ll send a response as soon as possible.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Questions? Please call 800.331.0500, or dial 611 from your AT&T wireless phone.

Sincerely,
The AT&T Customer Care Team

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE
All replies are automatically deleted.

geekfiredog

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
This looks like a system generated reply, I received the same message as well on weekend for my request submitted on Friday night, and got the unlock code the following Monday.

Just wait till Monday, you should receive the code from AT&T.

geekfiredog

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Got an email for one of the two phones

Unlock request number:
Hello,
Your request for device unlock requires additional research to determine eligibility. Please be assured that we are actively working on it. We’ll send a response as soon as possible.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Questions? Please call 800.331.0500, or dial 611 from your AT&T wireless phone.

Sincerely,
The AT&T Customer Care Team

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE
All replies are automatically deleted.

This looks like a system generated reply. I submitted on Friday night, and received similar message over the weekend, and got the unlock code on the following Monday.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
This looks like a system generated reply. I submitted on Friday night, and received similar message over the weekend, and got the unlock code on the following Monday.

Patiently waiting! (not really patient! Hahaha)

barber76

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
It works. Both phones successfully unlocked

Just curious - if it is not a secret - who are your real providers are, and do you have those "SMS delivery confirmation" setting in messaging app ? I started a thread about it, and wonder whether this is common issue for all unlocked ATT 640s .
I can live without SMS delivery confirmation, but it is really a spoon of **** in a bucket of honey.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Just curious - if it is not a secret - who are your real providers are, and do you have those "SMS delivery confirmation" setting in messaging app ? I started a thread about it, and wonder whether this is common issue for all unlocked ATT 640s .
I can live without SMS delivery confirmation, but it is really a spoon of **** in a bucket of honey.

Nope. No such setting.

My carrier is digicel Trinidad and tobago

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey bro, Microsoft store send ?tems to couriers? like aeropost/aerocasillas?

yeah I use a courier whereby I can ship stuff from American websites to the Caribbean where I live and they do deliver to them, Also another great reason I like purchasing from Microsoft Website is that they deliver FAST, the Lumia 640 I ordered earlier, was already shipped.

Jonathanmr7

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
damn! i dk what to do! amazon have the go phone again so maybe the BF they lower the Price... but Micro store have a nice Price in this moment... thanks you!

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
damn! i dk what to do! amazon have the go phone again so maybe the BF they lower the Price... but Micro store have a nice Price in this moment... thanks you!

I think its good to take the Microsoft Store deal as it is now,Best Buy will have it for $30 on Black Friday but I checked their shipping options & if I was to order phone today it would be delivered till Dec 4th, & have it delivered on Nov 27th would cost 27.98 or for Nov 25th would cost $45.98, which we know is crazy, and we don't have any guarantees that Amazon will drop their price for the AT&T Go Phone No Contract

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077