Why does my Microsoft Lumia 640 games give me virus popups? Isn't the appstore ultrachecked??

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I got kickass virus popups form the third game already I downloaded from the MS store and tried to play.

:( and :( :( .

My sense of security is devastated.

Even more when reading that MS store is checked in triplequadruplechecks, and virusses there are unheard of. Even unheard of on your mobile device.
'Safe' is the master keyword on a win 10 phone device! And the apps are triplechecked by MS themselves before they even think about offering them to us.

So why do I get a virus popup when I try to play game nr 3 again??

Reading that there is no antivirus program cause there are no virusses yet for this device is not the thing I want to hear. I want to hear why I get virus popups on my screen! From games from the MS shop ITSELF!! (since it's the only one offering/option for games for my phone)

:?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Because those popups are bogus, little more than scary signs thrown up by what is likely an advertisement to try to get you to do something.

Windows Phone doesn't even have any system to alert for viruses.

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
photobucket.com user brimmgreenpanther
go to my library there.

windows 10 phone virus -maybe-
will show the virus popups I got.

And the game came from the MS shop itself. I feel unsafe going to that shop now!!

Ivan Kim Reyes

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
Reading reviews and checking the publisher of the app/game is must. We have to always make sure it came from a legit publisher like those who are very popular... EA, Microsoft, etc.

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I try to respond by showing the game. I took pics of the virus popups and the game to help out. So MS can dig into it. Kill the weeds. And I wanted to show it here. (even without direct linking it)
But it seems I may not.
This is not helpfull...
:(

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't see that user on photobucket.

As stated before, there are no viruses on the Windows Phone store. What you're seeing is something that's popped up from an in-app advertisement. Since you haven't given the name of the app, we can't do anything to replicate what you're seeing and offer advice.

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
View attachment 124932

View attachment 124933

View attachment 124934

View attachment 124935

View attachment 124936

View attachment 124937

Since 80-90% of your store apps and games gives these popups, your remark of :
''Since we do not get the name of the bad guy we did not look'' a kind of evil hollowness.

You simply do not wish to check your own store (For reasons that can only involve dollar signs I assume. There is no other valid reason).
A 2-minute job. Bring a kickass broom. You will need it!!
80+%! I will wager a years salary on it!

I see my link is working now. No idea why the attachments only work when I am logged in here. I see patterns here.. :)

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
You simply do not wish to check your own store (For reasons that can only involve dollar signs I assume. There is no other valid reason).
A 2-minute job.

You may be misunderstanding.
"Windows Central" is not Microsoft.

Windows Central is part of the MobileNations group of fan sites.

We have no official affiliation with Microsoft.

Davide Carozza

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I don't mean to be rude, but it seems that this issue is based entirely on your misunderstanding. Those popups do not indicate that your device actually has been infected with a virus. They are just a scare tactic to get you to click and follow the link. And the claim that 80% or more of store links give these popups is laughable, seeing as no one I know with a Windows Phone has ever encountered this problem. I've been a user myself for years, I've installed tons of apps on three different Windows Phones, and I've never seen it. If almost every app out there had this issue, that would be extraordinarily unlikely.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand the language in the first link but from the screen shots looks like you clicked on an internet link which pinned another web page link on your start screen. Clicking on it gives a virus warning?

Those are nothing but click bait ads, a user should be careful while clicking on them. Besides even if you do...apps in WP work in a sandboxed environment so a rogue app (or virus) won't be able to damage the system.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Quite possibly you are downloading the inferior "clone" versions that are really only ad revenue vehicles for rogue devs who repackage another's code and coattail off a popular app. They fill it with as much click bait ad server garbage as they can.

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
The simple fact the "virus warnings" were deliverd by a webpage, much less one with the address notification.verified-mobile.com, should have made it obvious it's a bogus fishing scam.

LumiaGuy

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I got kickass virus popups form the third game already I downloaded from the MS store and tried to play.

:( and :( :( .

My sense of security is devastated.

Even more when reading that MS store is checked in triplequadruplechecks, and virusses there are unheard of. Even unheard of on your mobile device.

'Safe' is the master keyword on a win 10 phone device! And the apps are triplechecked by MS themselves before they even think about offering them to us.

So why do I get a virus popup when I try to play game nr 3 again??

Reading that there is no antivirus program cause there are no virusses yet for this device is not the thing I want to hear. I want to hear why I get virus popups on my screen! From games from the MS shop ITSELF!! (since it's the only one offering/option for games for my phone)

:?

b6a143af140c2f151bdd7284646811cd.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon