Why does my phone keep rebooting randomly?

Baron164

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Phone keeps rebooting randomly

So I had a Lumia 920, great phone but in the last couple of months it started rebooting randomly. It would get progressively worse until it was happening multiple times a day. I did full resets, tried different versions of Windows 8.1 and even 10. I even pulled the SIM out and it kept rebooting randomly. I finally broke down and purchased a 640 as a temp phone. I've had the 640 less than a week and it's already rebooted on my twice randomly. I upgraded it to the latest version of 10 but did not restore a backup of my old phone to it since it didn't have enough storage space. I only have a few apps installed on the phone since I'm waiting to get an SD card. At this point I'm getting extremely frustrated with Windows. Is there anyway of pulling logs off this thing so I can figure out what the hell is going on with it? Has anyone had this happen and had it resolved? If I need to go to ATT and get a new SIM I will but like I said with my 920 I pulled the SIM for a day and it still rebooted randomly multiple times.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Hmm, this happened to me with a different phone. In the end, I ended up returning it. Hopefully a hard reset can do it.

Before you do that, is the back cover on properly?

Baron164

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, the cover is on tight, I just went to the ATT store and got a new SIM on the remote chance it's the issue but I'm doubting it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb