822 to 640 or Verizon. See you. Hello ATT.

WillBthr

May 8, 2015
Visit site
I've been using my Verizon 822 with W10m for about 6 months and recently even added a family member to the new OS. Since Verizon dumped MS I considered a 950 so I went to the ATT Store and saw it and the 640. Both impressed me on the $598 to $59 scale. A few days later MS Store had the 640 for $38 and I bought two. Upon receipt (it had W8.1) I immediately installed Insider Fast and it installed W10m, then off to the ATT Store for no contract service activation that costs less then Verizon. The Service rep was excellent and knowledgeable (thanks Calvin Cornet in Camarillo).
It has been a few days and I am really impress with the 640. My Nokia 822 was so sluggish and the 640 is very quick especially Edge, great battery life and camera is quick with really good photos in a variety of lighting conditions and video is good too. My only complain is the Glance/Recharge- Glance Always Visible mode. It is very hard to read at night without picking it up and looking right on axis to read it (the time) no matter which color is chosen vs. the 822. My experience.

Kimmo Toivanen

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I switched from 820 to 640. Oled display has some benefits, wider field of view being one of them. Using a stand could increase not only Glance visibility but also alarm sound...

One thing I "found" in W10M settings, which was missing from WP8.1, is an option to show more columns, or not ;) 640 with WP8.1 was fixed to 3 columns. With W10M I went back to good old 2 column "grandpa" mode :)

gtdad

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
After more than 15 years with Verizon, I bought 3 Lumia 640's at the Microsoft Store, got the phones unlocked and then switched to Cricket Wireless. I was worried about the phone and the service, but both have been excellent. Saved a lot of money on the phones and the service and I feel like both have been upgrades. So far I have used the phones in South Florida and New York City. Sorry I didn't leave Verizon sooner.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robinsonmac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I switched from 820 to 640. Oled display has some benefits, wider field of view being one of them. Using a stand could increase not only Glance visibility but also alarm sound...

One thing I "found" in W10M settings, which was missing from WP8.1, is an option to show more columns, or not ;) 640 with WP8.1 was fixed to 3 columns. With W10M I went back to good old 2 column "grandpa" mode :)
There is a show more tiles option in the
personalization setting/ start

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes