Lumia 640 for T-mobile

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile stopped selling them a while back. You can try to snag one used or an unlocked one, but otherwise a different model is in your future.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Funny enough my wife recommended the 640 to her brother yesterday who then attempted to look for one in Walmart. When he called her to verify which one it was there, I had to tell them that sadly they are no longer available. They still had the 435 which he asked about, but I really couldn't recommend it to him with its 2MP Camera as that was one of the main reasons for getting the 640. I have offered to give him my Lumia 521 instead which has a better camera than the 435 although he may just end up getting another inexpensive Android Phone.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Funny enough my wife recommended the 640 to her brother yesterday who then attempted to look for one in Walmart. When he called her to verify which one it was there, I had to tell them that sadly they are no longer available. They still had the 435 which he asked about, but I really couldn't recommend it to him with its 2MP Camera as that was one of the main reasons for getting the 640. I have offered to give him my Lumia 521 instead which has a better camera than the 435 although he may just end up getting another inexpensive Android Phone.
Aw that sucks. :(

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Aw that sucks. :(
I'd still like to verify if it was Microsoft who pulled them from T-Mobile or T-Mobile just decided to stop selling them. It's odd that T-Mobile still sells the Lumia 435 (well at least it's still on Microsoft's own website and Walmart so far, even if you can't find any Windows phones on T-Mobile's own website), but they dropped the superior Lumia 640.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Did you check at Metro PCS? If you needed WiFi calling these phone are easy to flash to the T-Mo Rom.
Like T-Mobile they no longer list it and as far as I was aware you would still need to unlock it to work on T-Mobile even though the same network. He's not a phone enthusiast so it has to be a friction free experience. It would've been nice if T-Mobile were still selling them but it is what it is.

sleeve22

Banned
Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Like T-Mobile they no longer list it and as far as I was aware you would still need to unlock it to work on T-Mobile even though the same network. He's not a phone enthusiast so it has to be a friction free experience. It would've been nice if T-Mobile were still selling them but it is what it is.
True. I just sold my T-Mo 640 here at the marketplace forum.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon