640 used on Consumer Cellular problem with sending picture with text

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I have a 640 that I use on Consumer Cellular. The phone works great and they have great prices. However I am having a problem with sending pictures with text messages. I called them and we changed the APN codes and I can get on the internet using cellular data and even receive pictures with text messages but I cannot send them. Everytime I try I get a message that I cannot send the message and to try again. Tried many times but no positive results. They do not fully support Windows phones on their network; but I have heard that some people can both send and receive pictures with text messages on their network (which is AT&T) using a Windows phone . If anyone has the proper codes to make this possible I would love to have them. I would even send those codes to the tech people at CC so they can give them to possible customers.

rose58

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
My Wife has a 640 also on CC, try these settings:

APN
ccdata

Authentifcation Type
PAP

Proxy Server
Proxy.mobile.att.net

Proxy Port

IP Type
IPv4v6

Hope this helps

zambaq

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Did the settings provided by rose58 enable you to send picture messages with the 640? And BTW, is your 640 unlocked? I have a new, unopened AT&T GoPhone Lumia 640, and I'm trying to determine whether I must unlock it in order to use it with Consumer Cellular.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
No I cannot still send pictures with a text. I can receive them and I can use cell data to get on the internet etc. You will have no problem using a locked 640 on CC (mine is not unlocked); but I doubt you will be able to send pics with a text. Any phone that is locked to AT&T and T-Mobile will work on CC; but the pictures with text is a problem. Does not make sense as I can receive them; but not send. I have the same problem with my wife's 925 on CC, and my old 820 also. Their tech people were nice and tried alot of things; but we never could get it to work on any of my three windows phones. We also tried it on my old 520 and a 635 with the same results.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Did the settings provided by rose58 enable you to send picture messages with the 640? And BTW, is your 640 unlocked? I have a new, unopened AT&T GoPhone Lumia 640, and I'm trying to determine whether I must unlock it in order to use it with Consumer Cellular.

Go ahead and submit the unlock code to att before you open the box. No harm in having it unlocked, regardless of how you end up using it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3