Why won't my Lumia 640 turn on?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 640 will not turn on

My kid's allowed his 640 to drain and now it will no longer turn on. He has charged it overnight without any luck. I've held down the power button and it vibrates and attempts to restart but gets stuck at the blue windows logo then eventually goes black.

I've tried the device recovery tool but it doesn't see the 640.

Any suggestions?

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
there is an option on recovery tool if your device wasn't detected.
Did you try hard resetting the whole thing off by pressing volume down + power? then when you feel the vibration you keep holding only the volume down button and then you will see a "!" and you only press up, down, power, down. (yes like old snes cheats) and you will reset it. you could also try to use another charger. sometimes that's a cause of not properly charging the phone, you feel the vibration but then it goes off since it never got charged much.

I hope it's nothing serious, and you are under warranty. I haven't had any problems with my 640 for the moment, I am running windows 10 and all. really good device. if not you could always get one for 50 or 60 dollars as Go Phone and unlock it if you wanted to wait couple days for it. not expensive phone, that's the good thing.

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 640 will not turn on

My kid's allowed his 640 to drain and now it will no longer turn on. He has charged it overnight without any luck. I've held down the power button and it vibrates and attempts to restart but gets stuck at the blue windows logo then eventually goes black.

I've tried the device recovery tool but it doesn't see the 640.

Any suggestions?

Pull the battery out for a few minutes and pop back in

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos