How can I recover some missing videos and pics on my Nokia Lumia 640?

micktheplasterer

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
missing videos and pics nokia lum 640

I recently had a trip to abroad and took large amounts of video & pictures on my Lumia 640 . I had placed a new 64 gig card into the memory slot and all the settings were set to upload everything to the card and not the phone (phones memory was almost full) However some of the pics/vids have not appeared and some only appeared a couple of days later. my settings are always on to upload to the cloud however this was not always possible abroad. Is it possible to find /retrieve the missing pics /vids and why did/do they not store to the phones memory card directly ?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: missing videos and pics nokia lum 640

There could be multiple reasons for this. One reason could be that the media was never recorded to begin with. In that case the phone should have shown a error. The second possibility could be that the card was damaged (there are a ton of counterfeits available) and nothing was recorded. The third possibility could be that the phone is unable to show the pics even though they still exist on the card. The only way to verify it would be to connect the card to a PC/Laptop and verify. The fourth possibility could be that since you are looking for the pics on the cloud, all your photos and videos are still be uploaded and haven't finished yet. The quickest way to check the status would be from the OneDrive app settings menu.

micktheplasterer

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: missing videos and pics nokia lum 640

Hi & thanks for commenting . The card was new , not corrupted and bought from a reputable store (if that counts for anything) some vids were assessable via my photos on the phone straight away .The stuff was recorded "definitely" .......My wife as the same phone and what was happening to hers was similar , She would take pics yet some not all would show and it would be some time later that they would appear on her phone via photos ( she does not upload to the cloud) Ive checked my cloud and phone and still no where to be seen . some vids are still uploading 36 hours later to the cloud , My wife spotted the glitch first when we were away so when I next took some pics I instantly clicked on the little box in the corner of the lense to see if pics had been taken and stored and I could click back through the ones I had taken in that session yet when I closed the phone and then opened sometime later to take more pics/vids some of those I had viewed previously would not be there . yet some 2/3 days after some have now appeared . I definitely clicked record and double and treble checked that it was recording because of the previous issues .

mikejones2000

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a simliar issue with my 822. About two weeks worth of pictures are missing from my card. Every other picture I've taken since I've had the phone is still there. I tried connecting through Windows Explorer and not seeing anything. Most of the missing pictures made it to my OneDrive so I'm confused on why they'd just be gone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3