Lumia 640 vs Blu Energy Studio 2

Luis Orellana1

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
I am having difficulty deciding between these two phones. On paper the Studio Energy 2 seems to be a stronger phone but I know that Android is a resource hog so the Lumia 640 might be just as fast. Which one would you buy. I would get the Studio Energy 2 but deciding against it because I prefer IPS LCD screens and that phone has an AMOLED (could lead to burnin).

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I am having difficulty deciding between these two phones. On paper the Studio Energy 2 seems to be a stronger phone but I know that Android is a resource hog so the Lumia 640 might be just as fast. Which one would you buy. I would get the Studio Energy 2 but deciding against it because I prefer IPS LCD screens and that phone has an AMOLED (could lead to burnin).

Lumia 640 because this is a windows forum and we like WP here

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Furt

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
The amoled display is an instant deal breaker for me. I've had image burn in on every amoled android phone due to the notification bar being black most of the time. Note 5 included.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I considered a BLU Studio Energy 2 last week but one thing I have an issue with: updates.
BLU doesnt seem to do too well with them in their Android lineup. Most if not all tend to get abandoned pretty fast, and thats something I take issue with.

I think it comes down to: Android + Apps + Ludicrous battery life or Windows Phone + Updates in the future
or something. although theres more I havent read up enough on.

Furt

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
I considered a BLU Studio Energy 2 last week but one thing I have an issue with: updates.
BLU doesnt seem to do too well with them in their Android lineup. Most if not all tend to get abandoned pretty fast, and thats something I take issue with.

I think it comes down to: Android + Apps + Ludicrous battery life or Windows Phone + Updates in the future
or something. although theres more I havent read up enough on.

That's been a thing on almost all Chinese Android phones (which all Blu phones are). A lot of people I know who get them just keep it for about a year, then buy the next version of it that had a newer build of Android on it. It's actually a pretty solid plan and I would jump on this if not for that screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett