Sending multiple pictures to a recipient?

louievlahopoulos

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi.This is the weird part.I own a Lumia 640LTE.Up until a week ago I could send up to 5 mms in one hit.It was so fast and easy.All I had to do was go to photos,select 5 pictures,tap share,add recipient and send.So quick and easy.We know we have other options,but we are not looking for other avenues to do what we can do in probably 20 seconds.Yeah yeah yeah,who does not know about the ever so slow paperclip.Now this is where it gets weird.For the last couple of days now that method has seized to work.When I try to select 5photos and tap share,there is no Messaging in the dropdown list.It is there only if you select 1 photo.And yes,I can use the turtle paperclic.I have even downloaded the instruction manual and yes,you can do it the fast way.So why has it stopped.Perhaps some updates are not what they are hyped up to be.Yes,I am saying that it may have been an update.I have set my phone to install updates automatically,So how do I know what contamination may have entered my phone.Those who suggest e-mail may also say that just because a car has one flat tyre,you can still drive it.We all know there are other options,but in my case it was working a week ago and it is not working.I would love to hear an answer for that.I will take my hat off to thee.By the way,I rang Microsoft but I may aswell have called the local pre-school.Say no more.:angry:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I just checked this in my Windows Phone - selecting five photos and then tapping on the share icon - and "Messaging" is in the drop down list.

What OS version is your L640XL running?

louievlahopoulos

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Thankyou so much for addressing mine,and many others problem.The OS that my phone is running is Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2(Lumia Denim).lf l couldn't send MMS in this manner from the beginning,l wouldn't have thought anything about it.Sending MMS by attaching photos one at a time would be the only option.That's fine.But only a week ago l could go to photos,quickly select five,tap share,select messaging,add recipient,type a text if I need to and send.Now,unless l am only sending one,messaging does not appear in that dropdown list.Even in the instruction manual it states that you can indeed send MMS in that way.lt is under Camera >Share your photos and videos >First Tip.Page 81.Yes,as you said Messaging is on the dropdown list,but only for one photo.(on my phone anyway).

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't often send multiple pics via MMS. I just tried this and I'm replicating the failure to see Messaging as a share option when more than one photo is selected... And if I start with Mesaging and hit the paperclip I can only select one at a time...

I replicated this on two phones, both of which have never been off official and both are up to date:
Lumia 1520, 8.1 Update w/ Denim
Blu Win HD LTE, 8.1 Update 2
Neither of them will select multiple photos for messaging. I can find no way to enable it again.

I suspect you are correct, a recent update must have done this. I got a recent update to firmware on the 1520, but nothing on the BLU. The update must have come to the messaging App itself.

Why? We can only speculate...

If I find something I'll revisit this thread.

louievlahopoulos

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Thank you.For a moment there l thought l was losing my mind as people were telling me it cannot be done,including people at Microsoft.For Gods sake,it's in the instruction manual for my phone on page 81.Thanks again 😊

louievlahopoulos

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
I had Windows 10 Mobile Preview installed deliberately just to see if it would work with that software.Wouldn't you know,it worked.l used the same method to send five pictures.I quickly chose five pictures,tapped share,messaging was one of the options,tapped and added a contract and sent.That was something I did often with the Windows Denim 8.1 Update 2.As l said,it's in the manual for the Lumia 640 LTE on page 81.That is a feature l always used.Please people,download the pdf and back me up on this.l am not afraid to say that Microsoft has deliberately done this,perhaps through an update.lf anyone from Microsoft is reading this please do something about this and give us our feature back.....we paid you for it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos