Weather on glance screen

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I don't get the weather info on the glance screen on my 640. It shows up in the lock screen but not in glance screen. It used to work om my 950 not on my new 640. The detailed status is set doe weather in the. Lock screen settings.

I also only get the time on glance screen not the date.

Any ideas?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I don't get the weather info on the glance screen on my 640. It shows up in the lock screen but not in glance screen. It used to work om my 950 not on my new 640. The detailed status is set doe weather in the. Lock screen settings.

I also only get the time on glance screen not the date.

Any ideas?
The phone only supports partial Glance, that's why it only supports the clock and notifications.

Doug_10

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
I'm on a Lumia 640 with Windows 10 586.71 and the Glance screen does show time followed by the date underneath. Any notifications appear under the date.

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm on a Lumia 640 with Windows 10 586.71 and the Glance screen does show time followed by the date underneath. Any notifications appear under the date.

Yes. After I posted this, is an update to glance screen along with other updates. After the new update it has an option to show date akin with time. So it works for me now. Only missing thing is the ability to show weather on glance like 950.

Good to see Microsoft is keen on supporting low end devices like 640!

Sent from mTalk

Kimmo Toivanen

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
No update unless they change the Glance layout pretty much.

Best option: set MS Weather (do others work too?) as the primary notification on lock screen (usually phone or calendar) -> shows forecast as text. (I read that from another discussion somewhere here and tried it with 820 on W10)

On 950 I guess you had non-MS weather on lock screen?

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site

Best option: set MS Weather (do others work too?) as the primary notification on lock screen (usually phone or calendar) -> shows forecast as text. (I read that from another discussion somewhere here and tried it with 820 on W10)

I'd the MS weather notification on 950. Now I found out 640 isn't powerful enough to show weather info ir detailed info for any papa other than date and time

On 950, along with date and time it will show the ms weather info. On 640 it shows the weather on lock screen not glance.

Sent from mTalk

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Did you just get the Glance update? I have no date option yet, and Glance app is listed as up to date in the store.

Yes
It showed up along with other updates last night. Now I have the option to turn in the date in glance screen

Sent from mTalk

njstol01

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site

There is also another option - several examples of which up in the "show me you start/lock screen" thread - to have weather set in "background" which gives a detailed info as well as setting the background image. The trick it appears is to get the weather app to show as a choice in this menu.

Doug_10

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
My 640 showed weather on the glance screen last night because we had a "High wind" alert. There was a little "sun" icon followed by a exclamation point. Normally there is no weather on my glance screen but I guess when there is an "alert" it will show it.

njstol01

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
Ahhh, I actually misread the OP question of wanting real time weather (ie, temperature) to show up on the glance screen- not the lock screen. Yes, only weather alerts will show up on the glance screen of the 640 if so activated. I did figure out what I wanted to do- to have the weather details be apart of the lock screen. First off, the app has to have to ability to be on the lock screen...oddly in my case the MS weather does not show up. But I found the app Amazing Weather HD which is lock screen enabled and fully customizable (you can use any background), which is what I was looking for....

wp_ss_20160219_0002.jpg

letmethinkaboutit

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
is anybody able to get weather glance which we had in 8.1? its not just temperature, its temperature symbol (sunny or cloudy) with some forecast in glance (note not in lock screen)....I missed in 10, went back 8.1 it showed up and reinstalled 10, disappeared. (lumia 925)

ma678

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
On Lumia 640 LTE? I am pretty sure I have installed all updates. Still no option to show time and date.

There is an update of the glance screen system app. Once you've updated it, you can choose the option to show date and time

Sent from mTalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa