Why isn't my battery charging all the way? (Lumia 640)

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Recently I replaced my Lumia's battery because the original one was slightly damaged and it drained quickly. However, since I have started using my battery I have noticed two major issues: it doesn't charge fully at night and the battery life is almost as bad as the old battery. Every morning I wake up and the phone is at 81%, it literally will never charge above that percentage anymore. Nonetheless, it dies just not quickly as the old battery since I literally am losing a fifth of my battery life. Any solutions on how I can fix this problem? I'm updated to Windows 10 Mobile and everything. Not sure what could be the issue here... I've also taken steps such as turning battery saver on and stopping background apps but battery life still sucks.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Recently I replaced my Lumia's battery because the original one was slightly damaged and it drained quickly.

Was the replacement battery a factory replacement?
Without knowing what type of damage was done to the battery perhaps something has happened to the phone also.
My experience with charging or battery bugs usually ends with a hard reset.

Also aftermarket off brand batteries can cause problems.

Feel free to join our forum for more in depth answers.
Good luck there.

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried taking the battery off charge in the morning then putting it back on charge after a few minutes? I wonder if struggling to recalibrate the battery charge status so it *is* actually* fully charged but the status thinks it is only 81%.

Josh Greer

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
It wasn't factory replaced so I didn't get it straight from Microsoft, but it is a Microsoft brand battery. I factory reset my phone, so I have yet to see if the phone is able to be charged past 81%. It should be at that point soon though, thanks for the advice!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium