No Glance settings on Windows 10?

Wolfie_Smith

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
So I performed a hard reset this morning, hadn't done it since upgrade, and wanted to see if it would clear an issue I was having with multiple mail accounts, and missing icons. Once I t was all done I noticed I had no glance, touch or motion settings. So have just done another one and following advice given above, stopped automatic updates on store. Then going into downloads and updates, it said I had about 38 or so, with glance etc not being listed. I then selected check for updates, and another few added to the list, I kept doing this, then glance etc eventually appeared in the list. I am at 50 just now. Hope this helps someone.

Wolfie_Smith

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Should have said, this time during initial set up left storage for apps on device, the time previous, I had selected sd card on previous attempt, not sure if this was also relevant.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Should have said, this time during initial set up left storage for apps on device, the time previous, I had selected sd card on previous attempt, not sure if this was also relevant.

It probably did make some sort of difference. It makes me wonder if they could 'split' internal and external apps. Store quite happily carries on and when you go back to see whats downloaded you end up with a shed load of errors! Be nice if you could just 'agree' to the internal install just the once, rather than every app. The continual 'check' to force downloads or updates is also a pain, as there are many, like you, who are sitting around doing fresh installs! Don't you just love the simple install!!!

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
This worked for me! Thanks for the tip, BobbyBec!

I did a factory reset and turned off automatic updates in the store. Searched for updates and at first Glance did not show up. I kept looking for updates and the second time it showed up. After a few more searches Touch and Motion showed up as well. I just kept searching until no other updates were found (54 in total for me). I then manually installed the system apps and restarted after each one. Then manually installed all other apps and left Store for last, just to be on the safe side. Now everything is installed and working!

thanks!...this worked for me.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem on lumia 640.
How i fixed it .
Hard reset the phone.
When first load, go to store-settings and turn off update apps automatically.
Then check for updates manually.
Update glance and then will ask for restart , so restart .
Then repeat for motion data and then for touch.
Now i have them all working at the ''Extra'' settings.
Sorry for my bad English.

Your English is fine and thanks...that works!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett