Att unlocked 640, anyone have w10 yet?

Jonathanmr7

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I did get the official update on 2 different unbranded ROMs currently flashed on my original AT&T Lumia 640. The first one was the LTA MX 7R Mexico country variant ROM that came with the OS only. The second one (my current setup) is the Argentina country variant ROM which did come with a firmware update.
Men now its possible change the rom of the att ?

tecollins

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
I did this last week, very well done instructions. Process went smoothly (no sphincter clenching moments). The only issue I've had with the process after the fact is that after I installed w10m back on the phone, it lost all of the APN info, so I had to manually input those... good to go. I got the instructions off of a post here, but it probably doesn't hurt to re post the link: http ://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-phone-8/general/brand-att-lumia-640-lte-t3294971 (I put a space between http and : because I don't have the required 10 posts yet oO

Biotic Blue

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Not sure about the branded phones and the carriers dragging their feet, I do feel for you as there appears to not even be a suggested time, but if it helps or not mine is a UK unlocked CV model so expecting the OTA direct from Microsoft and am still waiting for it, the Upgrade Advisor app tells me I am ready and they are working with my carrier and manufacturer, well no carrier and Microsoft are the manufacturer, so it appears to make little odds carrier or not currently in some areas.

ma678

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
I did get the official update on 2 different unbranded ROMs currently flashed on my original AT&T Lumia 640. The first one was the LTA MX 7R Mexico country variant ROM that came with the OS only. The second one (my current setup) is the Argentina country variant ROM which did come with a firmware update.

Is your second one running VAR LTA AR CV SKD/PID: 059X227? How is its performance compared to MX 7R? Are you able to access Field Test menu? Thanks.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Is your second one running VAR LTA AR CV SKD/PID: 059X227? How is its performance compared to MX 7R? Are you able to access Field Test menu? Thanks.

Performance is slightly better than the MX ROM could be due to the firmware improvements. Field Test menu is not accessible on the LTA MX CV nor the AR CV ROM.

Ian Dobbs

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I decided not to wait any longer for AT&T to do their thing and signed up to the insider program on Friday. Updated my 640 to build 14295 on the slow ring. It was very easy to do. I'm really happy with the experience so far.

I had a couple of issues straight after the upgrade with contacts not showing and a few tiles no working. A hard reset took care of the contacts, and deleting the tile and re pinning the app to start sorted the tiles.

Since then the phone has been flawless. It took me a day or two to appreciate the small design changes, but I'm really impressed now. The phones working well and I'm enjoying WM10.

Diff454

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
Is it possible to update to Windows 10 using mobile data?
I have set my data limit to unlimited yet I am unable to update to W10.
Anything else I need to do to make the update possible?

Paul F22

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I have an unlocked AT&T 640 with a T-Mobile SIM and upgraded it yesterday to Win10 Build 10.0.10586.164 via the Windows Insider App.

I ran into a few problems with the upgrade...
1st: I couldn't see my contacts or calendars
2nd: I couldn't get the Weather App to work, I just had a blue tile with an icon that didn't refresh(!)
3rd: The Calendar App stopped displaying alarms and reminders on the Lock and Start Screens... I think it became corrupted during an App upgrade?

Anyway, a Hard Reset after each one of these issues appeared solved the problem, but I certainly didn't anticipate having to do 3 Hard Resets in such a short space of time! LOL!

I definitely like the look and feel of Win10 over 8, and will be interested to see how stable it is over the coming weeks.

kakashiax

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
well... just discovered that at&t employees are complete idiots, read carefully:

f2dd9354870cefd44fb4e98eb97e043e.png

aybarrap1

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
LOL. Android for a Lumia :). But seriously, I'm sure this is a canned answer they copy and paste over and just fill in the device series and model. They see the words update OS and probably reply almost automatically.

I will say though that the a****le in me would be to respond regarding their competency. However, I know these guys are just peons told what to say and do.

Last edited:

coolj40041

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
Still no update...sigh. But, in AT&T defense, the .164 update for the locked Lumia 950 didn't go out until about a month after Microsoft put it out to the unlocked 950/XL. March 17 is when MS rolled out W10 to unlocked 8.1 phones. So I'll patiently give AT&T until the end of April, then going to Insider. Then I'll get .218 :)

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Just another question about this (about to get my 640s :) )... So if I flash either of those CVs once unlocked,
1. does the device become locked again if I ever do a hard reset? I'm thinking probably no, but I want to be sure.
2. does either the Argentina or Mexico CV ROM disable anything useful on the phone at all like WiFi calling?
3. other than that first turn-on where you can change the language anyway, do you ever see anything from either country again? International calling assistance for example?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234