Lumia 640 - WDRT, OS ver 9651.15148 is Windows Phone 8.1?

JuannyBooBoo

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

Can you confirm if OS version 9651.15148 Windows Phone 8.1?

I had used Insider's Preview to upgrade my AT&T Lumia 640 to Windows 10 release preview (or whatever the slowest ring is). I have Windows 10 10586 build 107 installed now. I went to confirm if I could roll back to 8.1 using the MS Device Recovery Tool, and it displayed that cryptic version as the "Software available on server." I could find no references to the version on the general Interwebz nor on Windowscentral.com :unhappysweat:

Attachments

• L640_WDRT.jpg
    L640_WDRT.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 118

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
BTW... Rolled back fromW10 build 164 W10 using WPRT and it worked just fine. Have since gone back to W10 because I missed some of the features on it.

JuannyBooBoo

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
BTW... Rolled back fromW10 build 164 W10 using WPRT and it worked just fine. Have since gone back to W10 because I missed some of the features on it.

Thanks for confirming that the rollback works, Mary. I wanted to be sure that I had a working escape route before I switched carriers and phones.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
any know when att release W10 for 640?

According to AT&T, they wish to do further testing before they approve release on their network. There is no ETA on when it will be approved. Can you say, "Dem lackeys be draggin' their feet!"

This is why I installed the Windows Insider, then put it on Release ring long enough to get W10M on the current release, then changed it to production ring so that I will just get normal updates as W10M gets public updates. This bypasses AT&T and I don't have to wait.

Here's the catch. It's not a firmware concern with AT&T. They may say so, but they haven't re-written their apps for Windows 10 Mobile yet, which means the apps they sell monthly subscriptions to, and make a lot of money on, like AT&T Navigator and such, will no longer work properly (though they were pretty stupid to begin with). That's $4.95 per month per user they would use on just that one app. Plus they have TV streaming app, Yellow Pages app, and other things that they add-on to your monthly bill with if you use those apps. Since I refuse to use that malware, er, I mean bloatware, er, I mean "AT&T's fine service apps", then it doesn't hurt for me to jump to Windows 10 Mobile without waiting on their approval.

My 640 is running great on it with less issues that I had on 8.1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa