Lumia 640 On Sale For $6 At Walgreens

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I guess it shows what a sorry state of affairs Windows Phone is in, at least in the USA, when they are practically giving away the Lumia 640 here. If ever there was a definition of bargain smartphone, the Lumia 640 is it.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Checked every Walgreens within a 100 mile radius. Not available. Bummer. I would have picked up several at that price.

Just checked Walgreens on the way home.
$59.99 marked down 18 dollars to $41.99

$4+1.99 does equal $5.99 :)
Dude, I do NOT approve of that common core math stuff. ;)

Checked a few Walgreens in Austin. The ones that have 640, have it listed $59-$69. Cashiers had no idea about price drop, and I was too lazy to ask for manager.
If they had it in stock, I wouldn't have been too lazy to ask for a manager. I've done that more times than I care to count.

Walgreens site does say it is "priced per store," so not all stores will be participating or "did" participate in this sale.

Rubidad

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I tried in Keene, NH. No hanger for Lumia 640 or GoPhones for that matter. Too bad, I certainly would have picked up 1 or 2!!

jslice7

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I went around to about five local Walgreens in North Jersey. Two of them didn't have any. Two others had them for sale for about $45. And then I found one store selling it for $17.99. That was low enough for me to snag it. Good luck to everyone!

Dan TheMan86

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I know there are SOME Walgreens that are selling them for that price, I saw the pictures of the receipts. But as far as this being a widespread thing, it's BS.

charktorious

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
I finally managed to grab one of these for $5.99 (plus the 911 fee of $1.65). I might give this one to my son.

YMMV on this, but the other Walgreens in my area was selling this for $35.99, and had one in stock. They wouldn't price match the other store, so I bought it and then went over to the $5.99 priced store and did a return / re-buy which they were OK with. Here's a pic of the sale price btw:

71vWoI0.jpg

Not sure if other Walgreens would do a return / re-buy like this, but worst case you could just return the higher-priced one, if they refuse to. You just need to find a store that has the $5.99 price, even if they are currently sold out. (For anyone in eastern PA or mid-Jersey, that pic was from the New Falls Rd Levittown PA store FYI).

LumiaGuy

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Have tried calling the Walgreens stores within a fifty mile radius of where I live in Northern California and have not had any luck finding a 640 for $5.99. I spoke to a Manager and he said pricing is entirely on a store by store basis.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm actually in Springfield now I will stop by a Walgreens while I'm down here to see. There wasn't many at the 5 stores I tried the one store that had it they were selling it for $41

Sent from mTalk

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I checked stores in Citrus Heights and Granite Bay CA.
Still on sale at $41.99.
Both locations had one phone on the hanger.

Wonder if Fry's Electronics has any?
They'll probably be full price if they do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786