Why isn't my Lumia 640 CV GBIE getting the W10m upgrade?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 640 CV GBIE not getting W10m upgrade

Upgrade advisor says 'working with mobile operator & phone manufacturer to make the upgrade available'

It's a Microsoft phone & bought unlocked!

solidus1983

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Re: Lumia 640 CV GBIE not getting W10m upgrade

Even after several Hard resets and soft reset the same error comes up for me and i have the same phone and CV GBIE.

There are many phones that are CV that are having the issue though.

solidus1983

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Just going to try again, just WRDT'd back to Windows 8.1.2 Mobile lets see how it goes.

Edit: So ok just reinstalled via WDRT and had Firmware Version 02177.00000.15184.36003 which has now been upgraded to 02177.00000.16075.33004 on my Lumia 640 LTE CV GBIE. So will now wait for the App updates and then i will use Upgrade advisor again.

However i have my Simcard out during the WDRT session and currently.

Edit 2: No update at all, in contact with Microsoft right now to see what the deal is, will update this post.

Edit 3: Called was told they would check and promptly hung up the call, How nice of Microsoft. Not holding my breath for a call back either.

Last edited:

Biotic Blue

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Hard reset would not really work if the update really hasn't been released in UK and Australia CV yet.

It would appear based on this discussion and another thread on the main Windows Mobile 10 page that there is a roll out over a period of time and the Country Variant (at least) of the L640 is still awaiting the official update, I just find it good to know it isn't just my phone, and it means I feel slightly more at ease whilst I await a bit longer.

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Update: Australia support website now is saying that the Lumia 735 CV has now the Windows 10 upgrade, same as with UK. However, when I check for updates on the advisor app, there is still NO updates available.

Biotic Blue

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Update: Australia support website now is saying that the Lumia 735 CV has now the Windows 10 upgrade, same as with UK. However, when I check for updates on the advisor app, there is still NO updates available.

Indeed, and yes my 640 CV UK is still saying on the update advisor "working with the manufacturer and provider" feeling this is getting a little long in the tooth now, and various people are saying about several hard resets and constant checking to get it to happen, but firstly I don't wish to keep going over all that and secondly if it is supposedly the official update why on earth should we have to go through all that?

So it just gives me a minor concern at the back of my mind, which at extreme frustration moments, do consider that the 640 may be missed off the update? We shall see, but do hope not.

Biotic Blue

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Breaking news guys, I have just this last minute run the upgrade advisor (have been doing it generally every morning) and it has just popped up with the "good news there is an upgrade available" so about to click to commence. So UK CV L640 looks like it is good to go, any problems I will post up when done, so check your advisor!!

Richm246

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Breaking news guys, I have just this last minute run the upgrade advisor (have been doing it generally every morning) and it has just popped up with the "good news there is an upgrade available" so about to click to commence. So UK CV L640 looks like it is good to go, any problems I will post up when done, so check your advisor!!

Mine too I'm in the UK on Virgin.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077