Solution for missing system apps such as Glance on W10M

Status
Not open for further replies.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I recently updated my 640 to W10M build .164 but noticed that for some reason my Outlook mail account wasn't showing up in the Outlook Mail app. I was told that the only way around this was to hard reset, and so I did but afterwards I noticed that some system apps such as Glance, Equalizer and a few others were missing. After doing some searching online I found a solution to fix the missing system apps that is much easier than doing a hard reset.

1) Go to the following site :
[APPX][Update] New Microsoft Mobile OEM apps… | Windows 10 Development and Hacking

2) Download the .appx files for the system apps that you might be missing and copy them to a folder on your phone. So for example if you are missing Glance then download glancescreen.appx and copy it to your phone.

3) On your phone go to File Explorer app and find the glancescreen.appx file. Click on it and wait 2 or 3 minutes for it to install.

4) Glance should now be back on your phone, but you might have to restart your phone to use it.

You can do the same for the other apps that are missing from your phone. In some cases there might be updates in the store for some of them after you install.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
I recently updated my 640 to W10M build .164 but noticed that for some reason my Outlook mail account wasn't showing up in the Outlook Mail app. I was told that the only way around this was to hard reset, and so I did but afterwards I noticed that some system apps such as Glance, Equalizer and a few others were missing. After doing some searching online I found a solution to fix the missing system apps that is much easier than doing a hard reset.

1) Go to the following site :
[APPX][Update] New Microsoft Mobile OEM apps?€? | Windows 10 Development and Hacking

2) Download the .appx files for the system apps that you might be missing and copy them to a folder on your phone. So for example if you are missing Glance then download glancescreen.appx and copy it to your phone.

3) On your phone go to File Explorer app and find the glancescreen.appx file. Click on it and wait 2 or 3 minutes for it to install.

4) Glance should now be back on your phone, but you might have to restart your phone to use it.

You can do the same for the other apps that are missing from your phone. In some cases there might be updates in the store for some of them after you install.

thank you :)

asturides

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Thank you very much, I just updated my Lumia 640 to W10M and glance settings were not showing and the store said that "this app is not compatible with your device" (even though the glance screen was active). Something important is that you need to save those appx do the phone and not to the SD card, cause otherwise they won't install (without giving any error message or anything)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos