Problem with Mail and Calendar app draining battery in background, what options do I have to decrease battery drain?

Slavko Petrovic

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Problem with Mail and Calendar app draining battery in background

I am using L640 with W10M .164 build and I'm quite happy with it. This morning, when I opened "battery use" in "battery saver" I noticed that Mail and Calendar app drained aproximatley 45% of the battery, almost all of that as a background process. Later I contacted my friend who has L830 on the same build and same app is on top of his battery draining list, also as a background process. My questions are:
-I doubt that is normal, so what should I do to decrese this abnormal background battery usage of the app?
-If I just turn off ability to work in background for Mail and Calendar, is there any negative consequences beside need to manualy sync mail?
Thanks in advance!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Problem with Mail and Calendar app draining battery in background

I am using L640 with W10M .164 build and I'm quite happy with it. This morning, when I opened "battery use" in "battery saver" I noticed that Mail and Calendar app drained aproximatley 45% of the battery, almost all of that as a background process. Later I contacted my friend who has L830 on the same build and same app is on top of his battery draining list, also as a background process. My questions are:
-I doubt that is normal, so what should I do to decrese this abnormal background battery usage of the app?
-If I just turn off ability to work in background for Mail and Calendar, is there any negative consequences beside need to manualy sync mail?
Thanks in advance!

You can safely disable mail in background and I would recommend it in fact. You would have to sync mails manually. That's not a big thing really. I do that 2-3 times a day and I don't miss much. Your battery will last longer of course and that's the good thing

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa