Lumia 640, Ways to get windows 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 640?, Ways to get windows 10?

My Lumia 640LTE apparently cannot receive the Windows 10 update due to a bugged software version. I heard this is also happening to a few other users. I was wondering if anyone has any details on when Microsoft will patch this. Or if anyone knows away around it even if it means downgrading my Software version somehow.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 640?, Ways to get windows 10?

My Lumia 640LTE apparently cannot receive the Windows 10 update due to a bugged software version. I heard this is also happening to a few other users. I was wondering if anyone has any details on when Microsoft will patch this. Or if anyone knows away around it even if it means downgrading my Software version somehow.

Could you give more details? What software version do you have? OS and firmware?

Ultrabyte0

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site

Sorry i'm the original Question answer-er My phone runs Windows 8.1 Update 2 Os version: 8.10.15148.160 I got my phone from Telstra a few months ago. And a friend recently got one from the same place and was able to upgrade straight away! This article explains that the update is not available for versions higher then 8.10.15116.125 Some Lumia 640 devices can't currently install the Windows 10 for phone preview | Windows Central This was explained a while ago though and i think it might still be the case, To which I'm wondering if there are any updates for that information or if there is a way around it like down-dating software?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Using the Windows Device Recovery Tool may be just what you're looking for. Depends on how recent the files on the server are though.

Arunabha Goswami

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I have the same OS version and the same problem( it's an at&t goPhone). I can confirm that using WDRT does not work. The software available on the server is the same as that on the phone.
Untitled.png

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I have the same OS version and the same problem( it's an at&t goPhone). I can confirm that using WDRT does not work. The software available on the server is the same as that on the phone.
The ATT variant doesn't have WM10 yet. And even if it does (one day), WDRT will still give you WP8.1 only. Microsoft confirmed that they won't be supplying the WM10 ROM on WDRT and eligible devices will only get the update OTA.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The ATT variant doesn't have WM10 yet. And even if it does (one day), WDRT will still give you WP8.1 only. Microsoft confirmed that they won't be supplying the WM10 ROM on WDRT and eligible devices will only get the update OTA.

Interesting.

So I do have the AR ROM installed, is what the WDRT serving up the ATT one or another flavor of 8.1?