How do I stop local redirects in MS Lumia 640?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

How to stop local redirects in MS Lumia 640

I try to go to an English-language site, or download an English version of an app, but because I am in Holland, my brand-new out of the box Lumia 640 keeps redirecting me to Dutch language pages and apps no matter how many different ways I try to go around the redirect, including searching specifically for "Tile app in English," and though I will see the wanted page for a fraction of a second, the redirect is too fast to click before it goes to the Dutch version of the site or app. I have set the language to English UK, and don't find any other language settings. The phone will be worthless to me if I can't correct this. Help!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to stop local redirects in MS Lumia 640

You could try denying Location to Edge as a new default???

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Joseph de Nicola

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Re: How to stop local redirects in MS Lumia 640

I signed up on my PC but still haven't received the confirmation email. How do I turn off location just to the browser and Google store, when I need it for other work-related apps and services? I don't find a separate setting, only the option to turn off location entirely. In normal browsers, IE and Chrome, one can add /ncr after the url to assure that there is no redirect, but how to do that with the MS smartphone?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos