Unable to download offline maps

Tsarli

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Unable to download offline maps. Currently on 10.0.10586.218

Well, I have been "trying again later" to no avail. Any suggestions? Force uninstall then reinstall the maps app? Try another Insider build? Or, just get a new maps app, if so, which one?

UPDATE: Tried other maps and I got the same download maps error. Looks like it's an OS build issue. Bummer.

Last edited:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried a soft reset?

Currently I'm testing the download map option and I have started downloading one as I type. Same OS build.

Tsarli

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I just restored my phone using the Windows Device Recovery Tool. And prior to updating again (via Insider) to 10, I made sure all the maps I needed were downloaded first. After checking everything was in working order, then and only then did I update to 10. All seems to be functioning well now.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I just restored my phone using the Windows Device Recovery Tool. And prior to updating again (via Insider) to 10, I made sure all the maps I needed were downloaded first. After checking everything was in working order, then and only then did I update to 10. All seems to be functioning well now.

that is also one way to download maps though a hard route

Davide Carozza

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I had this issue, fixed it by plugging SD card into computer, deleting maps and then re-downloading. If you have them stored on internal storage maybe you can plug the phone into the computer and delete them manually?

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I had this issue, fixed it by plugging SD card into computer, deleting maps and then re-downloading. If you have them stored on internal storage maybe you can plug the phone into the computer and delete them manually?

If maps are on the internal storage, then you can't delete them manually like you can on the SD card. You won't be able to access the directory to do so.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea