Lumia 640 ATT Windows 10 Update.

Ventus221

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
There have probably been a million threads like this but does anyone know when WIndows 10 Mobile for the ATT Lumia 640 will drop? I have it unlocked for Tmobile but I doubt that would do anything to it.

I have an Alcatel Fierce XL on WP10 and it's a solid little device I just prefer the smaller device. Anyway thanks !!!

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
You can drop it like the bass, right now. Just sign up for the insiders preview. :)

Same difference between it, and the official OTA, whenever that happens. WM10 is good to go for daily driving right now.

-- W

Greg Brannon1

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I've been running the Insider Builds on my 640 since last November when I bought it for $40 on Black Friday. My device so far has ran W10 on the 640 well until this most recent build 10.0.14332.1001. I've had some occasional stutter and frame rate drop. Sometimes some apps will open and then immediately close like my IMDB app usually a reboot fixes the problem.

Overall nothing too bad but the one annoying bug that has been documented is the Groove music app will not play anymore and will Error with 0x8004c029 on music that have DRM. So it's been a real inconvenience to not be able to use the Groove music app. Hopefully that will get fixed soon. But overall W10 has worked well on the 640.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
There have probably been a million threads like this but does anyone know when WIndows 10 Mobile for the ATT Lumia 640 will drop? I have it unlocked for Tmobile but I doubt that would do anything to it.

I have an Alcatel Fierce XL on WP10 and it's a solid little device I just prefer the smaller device. Anyway thanks !!!

You won't get it right now even with T-Mo. Download the Windows Insider app, get the Release Preview then you'll be able to get the Production build. Hard reset and your set! You'll get all the production builds directly from Microsoft! :wink:

That's what I did. Been running for almost 2 months now.

Jack Neill

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
You won't get it right now even with T-Mo. Download the Windows Insider app, get the Release Preview then you'll be able to get the Production build. Hard reset and your set! You'll get all the production builds directly from Microsoft! :wink:

That's what I did. Been running for almost 2 months now.

This the correct answer for anyone with a 8.1 device that wants 10M. MS has succesfully bypassed the carriers in a even better way than with the DP program.

wir3Zebr

May 4, 2016
Visit site
I type in the search box. And I wait ,and wait. What the heck. Nothing happens. I tried the "The Cube" same affect, nothing?? sScribble, that's how I feel!!

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
For sure. And I did. I just would prefer it to be a little more final you know :p thanks though.

Oh if you choose Production it's the most final version you'll ever get. It's the same build pushed by Microsoft to all the current devices.

You'll have to wait for T-Mobile (or whatever variation you choose) for firmware updates though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte