Best buy ATT phone

panos_mir

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone. I want to buy a second L640 for testing purposes. I saw that BestBuy sells it for 30$.

I also heard that it's possible to unlock it and use it with any SIM card. Is this possible in Europe?

Thank you very much.

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Yes, this is exactly what many hundreds of others are doing. Until the gifts of BestBuy and MS keep giving. After that, we're all left out in the cold in a cruel harsh world. So better get on the piggy ride soon, because its awesome from where I'm sitting. On the little pink piggy. ^_^

-- W

shenandoah

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Panos_mir,

Yes, you could unlock the phone though the AT&T unlock portal and use it in Europe. You could unlock it right after purchasing it (don't activate it on AT&T prepaid). You DO NOT need to wait six month or use the phone six months to unlock it.

I used an unlocked AT&T Lumia 640 phone in Germany earlier this year. I used a LIDL and Congstar prepaid sim and they worked fine. With prepaid you only get 3.5G (HSDPA) speeds, but that was plenty fast.

Eric

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Also, in response to SnowBoarders, that is not necessary. AT&T happily complies with unlock requests even if you've never touched an AT&T sim with a ten foot pole. Or pole danced. For that matter. All you have to do is not power on the phone, and make sure remove the AT&T sim before, and you can order the unlock from the AT&T site. I can link you to it if you want.

-- W

panos_mir

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Also, in response to SnowBoarders, that is not necessary. AT&T happily complies with unlock requests even if you've never touched an AT&T sim with a ten foot pole. Or pole danced. For that matter. All you have to do is not power on the phone, and make sure remove the AT&T sim before, and you can order the unlock from the AT&T site. I can link you to it if you want.

-- W

First of all, thank you all you for your help.

Secondly, I don't need a link thank you very very much.

I think my question is answered I think!

Sent from mTalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb