Polarized glasses and landscape.

DEATH INC

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
I thought the 640 was polarized at a 45 degree angle? I got some new sunglasses that are polarized and in landscape I can't see the phones screen. Is my screen perhaps defective?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I thought the 640 was polarized at a 45 degree angle? I got some new sunglasses that are polarized and in landscape I can't see the phones screen. Is my screen perhaps defective?

All lcd screen are polarized , most in 90?. Never seen before a notebook screen, cash screen, atm screen, market touch screen with glasses on before? :D Very funny, Try and see

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes, all LCD screens are polarized. While polarized sunglasses are great, you'll have to remove them to work with your phone most of the time. That's just life.

FUN FACT: Airline pilots are forbidden to wear polarized sunglasses while in the cockpit. The reason? The windshield of the airplane is polarized, and if the pilot turns his head at all, everything on the other side of the windshield goes black.

DEATH INC

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Okay cool. I expected some dimming or color distortion but it goes fully black lol. Apparently some other phones like the G4 do this as well but some don't depending on the axis of the polarization. I think my next phone will have an amoled screen lol.

DEATH INC

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
So oddly enough after testing my friends his is visible in both orientations, yet he has a glass screen protector on his 640. Apparently after some research certain screen protectors can scatter the light enough to make the screen visible in all orientations with polarized lenses.

If any of you need a work around this might help you out if you want to use the phone in landscape say while driving for navigation while wearing your polarized glasses.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett