Protect your tech:Get an Upsie warranty & save up to 70%
    Lumia 640 running W10 .318
    Hi, today I found that there is no turn-by-turn navigation sound on Microsoft Maps. It does the job but does not speak, it even pings when I drive too fast. Anyone else has this issue?
    05-21-2016 10:56 AM
    Hi, today I found that there is no turn-by-turn navigation sound on Microsoft Maps. It does the job but does not speak, it even pings when I drive too fast. Anyone else has this issue?
    you have the latest update for maps?
    05-21-2016 11:17 AM
    I have the same phone on the same build with the latest Maps update. I'll test mine out later today, but I read from somewhere that people were not getting spoken directions because Cortana wasn't available in their region or because they didn't enable Cortana. I don't know if that's the reason why, but it makes sense since the spoken directions are now in Cortana's voice.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    05-21-2016 12:04 PM
    I have the same phone on the same build with the latest Maps update. I'll test mine out later today, but I read from somewhere that people were not getting spoken directions because Cortana wasn't available in their region or because they didn't enable Cortana. I don't know if that's the reason why, but it makes sense since the spoken directions are now in Cortana's voice.
    you have a point there. Kindly update us on how your experience goes with the testing
    05-21-2016 12:18 PM
    you have the latest update for maps?
    Yepp, but my phone is set to region: Hungary and primary language is Hungarian. It is unacceptable for me to change the language and the region just to have the navigation working. I don't know why Microsoft messes up everything with windows phones, very annoying.
    Update to this: I changed region and primary languge to UK and voila, there is English-language turn-by-turn navigation. Still, this is not acceptable and not user-friendly as previously it used to work in Hungarian too, and I don't want everything in English on my phone.
    Last edited by Horvath Gyorgy1; 05-21-2016 at 12:53 PM.
    05-21-2016 12:37 PM
    OK, it is back to normal. Here is what I did: changed region to UK, main language to UK. Restarted. Changed region back to Hungary and main language back to Hungarian, restarted phone. Now I have Hungarian turn-by-turn instructions again. I just don't know what happened to Microsoft Maps.
    05-21-2016 01:02 PM
    OK, it is back to normal. Here is what I did: changed region to UK, main language to UK. Restarted. Changed region back to Hungary and main language back to Hungarian, restarted phone. Now I have Hungarian turn-by-turn instructions again. I just don't know what happened to Microsoft Maps.
    So this is working on the MS maps?
    05-21-2016 01:31 PM
    So this is working on the MS maps?
    Yes, and I even deleted HERE Drive which I cannot restore now but at least Microsoft Map is working.
    05-21-2016 02:06 PM
    you have a point there. Kindly update us on how your experience goes with the testing
    It works on my phone. Cortana speaks the directions out loud. I live in the United States, and I have Cortana enabled.

Here's some info from a Microsoft blog posting:

When Cortana is enabled, you will receive turn-by-turn directions in Cortana’s voice, currently supported for English (United States), English (United Kingdom), Simplified Chinese (China), French (France), Italian (Italy), German (Germany) and Spanish (Spain).

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexp...s-10-maps-app/
    05-21-2016 04:23 PM