Creating contacts without using a social media or MS account.

Rustybronco

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
I can create or add contacts in Blackberry OS10.3.2.xx without signing into an external account, my wife can do the same on her Android phone sporting 4.4 but I can't do the same on Lumia 640 using W10M.

I need a simple way of adding contact information ON MY PHONE ONLY. Simple request right? ;)
T.I.A.

Azensun

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi Bronco!
Not for nothin', but I think I remember seeing you around the CB site, so welcome to WC!
As far as your question, I can help: tap the People icon on your 640 and add the contact information. It should save to your phone immediately . May I take a moment though, and recommend creating a backup of your contacts in outlook(dot)com? I only say this because it's good to have a backup somewhere and also, this is how I managed my contacts on my BB for all those years. Syncing was automatic on the BB and my Windows phone and I never lost anyone.

Rustybronco

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
Azensun, Thank's for the welcome. Yep, hung around CB for about a year or so. Not so much anymore.

I tapped on the people icon and the screen it brings up either crashes, or if it does stay active after numerous tries, it has a line of text high lighted in blue that says none which can be changed to say all. If you tap on the word none it brings up a sub menu that gives a few options on of which is myemailaddress@XXXXXX.com (fictional address), outlook, hotmail and so forth, but no simple contacts menu. In addition to the existing Facebook check box, I've added the email address I signed up with, which allows me to add contact names and phone numbers and the people/contacts app doesn't crash, but I have yet to find a way to DIRECTLY add any contacts without using the afformentioned social media apps or email addresses.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786