Outlook not syncing with gmail after update

sean789

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
I have a Nokia 640LTE and recently upgraded to Windows10 from 8.1. I then downloaded update 10586.318 and updates to standard apps. Then I set up outlook followed by my 2 Gmail accounts. My telephone contacts are there but outlook is missing many of my Gmail addresses. The sync from outlook to Gmail is faulty. I can receive a Gmail email via outlook and reply via outlook - no problem. But when I try and compose an email in outlook to be sent by one if my Gmail accounts, outlook cannot find the address. This is serious because I only got this phone to do email. Now I do my email by going to the Gmail site but that is not ideal because I have to look through both independently to find addresses. Outlook, when it was working with 8.1, was great.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have a Nokia 640LTE and recently upgraded to Windows10 from 8.1. I then downloaded update 10586.318 and updates to standard apps. Then I set up outlook followed by my 2 Gmail accounts. My telephone contacts are there but outlook is missing many of my Gmail addresses. The sync from outlook to Gmail is faulty. I can receive a Gmail email via outlook and reply via outlook - no problem. But when I try and compose an email in outlook to be sent by one if my Gmail accounts, outlook cannot find the address. This is serious because I only got this phone to do email. Now I do my email by going to the Gmail site but that is not ideal because I have to look through both independently to find addresses. Outlook, when it was working with 8.1, was great.

open the outlook mail app, go to settings, manage accounts and check under the gmail accounts if you have set sync on for contacts from gmail

sean789

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
In the outlook account there is only one button, to sync email, which is ticked. There are no buttons for any choice re syncing contacts or addresses. In managing my two other accounts, both Gmail, they have all three buttons for syncing and all are ticked. I have a feeling that when I was setting up the outlook account I was initially offered 3 buttons but I only agreed to one, sharing email. The other two buttons never re-appeared. I think I lost the choice. There seems no way back. Another reset seems irritating. This is surely a bug that is fixable with an update.

Last edited:

marboba

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
not to hijack this thread.. i am having the opposite problem my google syncs and now my hotmail wont syc.. its saying it cant retrieve some emails which i know i already deleated on my desktop hotmail ..

i have deleted it and set it up and still the same wp_ss_20160610_0003[1].png

marboba

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
correct me if i am wrong soft reset is
Reset an unresponsive phone
Press and hold the Volume down and Power buttons at the same time until you feel a vibration (about 10 to 15 seconds).
When you feel the vibration, release the buttons, and then immediately press and hold the Volume down button until you see a large exclamation mark.
More items...

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
correct me if i am wrong soft reset is
Reset an unresponsive phone
Press and hold the Volume down and Power buttons at the same time until you feel a vibration (about 10 to 15 seconds).
When you feel the vibration, release the buttons, and then immediately press and hold the Volume down button until you see a large exclamation mark.
More items...

soft reset is where you hold down the power and volume down buttons for 15s or more until the phone vibrates and restarts. Up to that point is a soft reset.
That exclamation mark - I'm quite sure it's the opening sequence of a hard reset

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism