Upgrading to W10 Mobile .420 space issues

poken1151

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello All,

So just wondering if anyone's been able to finagle an install on the Lumia 640 with the space issues. It's asking for some temporary space from the Phone memory (why it can't use the SD card as temp space, I've no clue) and it's asking for 1.2GB. Deleting some non system apps and maybe wiping all email and messaging, I'd only be at maybe 900MB freed up.

How were others able to upgrade? Or rather, does anyone else have any way to clear up say the system reserve fir space?

Best

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello All,

So just wondering if anyone's been able to finagle an install on the Lumia 640 with the space issues. It's asking for some temporary space from the Phone memory (why it can't use the SD card as temp space, I've no clue) and it's asking for 1.2GB. Deleting some non system apps and maybe wiping all email and messaging, I'd only be at maybe 900MB freed up.

How were others able to upgrade? Or rather, does anyone else have any way to clear up say the system reserve fir space?

Best

You could try moving apps to the sd card
Try to copy the photos and music to another storage so you can free up more space

If that doesn't work
you'll have to do a hard reset since your storage use is high due to system using a lot of storage - only a hard reset will solve it

poken1151

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yea I've tried moving the photos, most of the apps I can't move, and the ones I can delete only add up to about 300 or so megs.

Not sure I can convince the owner to do a system wipe... so I guess they're stuck on this version. Thanks for the input though.

KarateDad

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
My daughter's 640 has the same issue, the system takes almost 6GB of space, email and the few apps that won't move leave it with like 600MB free. Windows update claims it needs more space. There is nothing else I can delete using the storage app. Been considering a hard-reset to see if there is garbage being saved in there.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
My daughter's 640 has the same issue, the system takes almost 6GB of space, email and the few apps that won't move leave it with like 600MB free. Windows update claims it needs more space. There is nothing else I can delete using the storage app. Been considering a hard-reset to see if there is garbage being saved in there.

hard reset would do it

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon