Lumia "issues" after display reaplacement

Aurum 23

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi to you all. I've had this phone for about a year now and I think it's the best phone i have ever had. About a month ago, i dropped my phone and my display was broken so I was told that i need display and touch replacement which i did. Back then, before the fall I had windows 10 and all was running quite smoothly. But after the replacement I have noticed a couple of problems, one of them is with sensor for proximity, it doesn't work quite wall as before, so I need to wipe it with my fingers before making calls in order to get the right "calling brightness" (i mean when phone is not on your ear, you can see screen, in my case its usually just black), also my multitouch is now 5, not 10 as it used to be, and most important of all, it's happening every few hours and when it happens that problem persists for about 10 minutes, and that problem is my phone going nutts, moving screen left-right, going to some other webpages, in messaging when i type I, it adds 10 more symbols, when trying to erase it just adds up letters..I was told that i should do WDRT so I did, and really problem is showing much rarely but it's still there so my question is this could be the ONLY software problem or there is hardware part in all this mess?
Sorry for my bad English :s

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Sounds to me like the repair caused these issues... Have you spoken with the shop that did the repair.

At the least they should open it back up and check their work, makes sure all connectors are seated properly, etc.

Aurum 23

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
Yep, first i went there and they said touch either works or doesn't and all other problems are caused by software. Same i was told in another place where i asked..

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yep, first i went there and they said touch either works or doesn't and all other problems are caused by software. Same i was told in another place where i asked..
Nope. I had a Nexus 5 with a touchscreen that worked perfectly except for a centimeter-wide line down the middle where it was dead. Hardware issue, not software.

I had a Dell Venue tablet with a touchscreen that liked to be quirky, not unlike your issues. (but to a lesser extent)
Hardware replacement fixed that.

So no, touch doesn't just "work or it doesn't"

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Maybe follow along with a video and and check the steps/work for yourself, especially the connectors...
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=lumia+640+screen+replacement&go=Search&qs=ds&form=QBVR

Honestly the first shop where the work was done should do this. Do they not warranty their work? You may have a claims case with your local consumer advocacy agency.

P.S.: You already tried all the software corrections possible. Make them show you how to fix the software or open it up and fix their shoddy work.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
had kind of same issue with my lumia 520, broke the screen got it repaired form Nokia care brought home and noticed double tap to wake not working and proximity issues. above all at top left corner the screen was also popping out just some millimeters, which would go back if you pressed but come out right after some time. So i took it back to the service center and well they disposed off the issues related to double tap and proximity as software bugs but when i showed them the corner form which the screen was popping out , they immediately acknowledged the poor servicing and i got a free replacement after which everything worked as it should.

my point here is that it could be little hard to convince the service center for their fault but if you are stern they have to bend ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb