How to connect to a secure public wi fi on Lumia 640

joeleis

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
I've got time warner cable and wanted to try their public hotspots but haven't had much success. The only reason I need the wifi or the internet connect is for ordering up an Uber car for ride(s) and that's why I'm trying to see either if there's other Lumia hotspots or to verify my settings; I know I need wifi on and location and do i need data sense wifi sense (?) I don't need to share the connect if i ever get it or share pics. or use email, etc...mostly the phone I use for talk text and now i would like to use this Uber app. so I have 1 gb data per month with the plan I'm on.
I've had my phone connected to a friend's wireless connection at his house and so I know it's capable. I've already got the Uber app and I don't or won't need windows 10 apps. etc...
Thanks

Last edited:

sarim_xyz

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I also use TWC, and can successfully use their hotspots. Once you are in the range, connect to 'TWCWifi' or 'CableWifi', and then go to Edge and enter your login details. (if the page doesn't show up, load a random page, try Bing). It will sign you in and you can use the wifi. This will be saved and you can use it automatically every time you are in range (until you clear your browser cookies).

I hope I understood and answered your question correctly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12