Cricket L640 Prepaid on ATT Sim??

lewiedude

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
The kid dropped the good ole L640 and the screen is now cracked! UGH! Love the phone and it was great while it lasted. Saw that Best Buy has them for $29.99 as a Cricket Prepaid phone. We already have the SIM card for ATT.

What do I have to do to the Cricket Prepaid L640 to get it to work on ATT? I don't care about visual voicemail. All it needs to do is internet, phone, text and the like. Nothing too difficult.

I am seeing some commentary about obtaining the unlock code...please help and any advice is totally appreciated!

Thanks!

oryan_dunn

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Generally, Cricket requires X number of months of service before they'll provide an unlock code. X used to be 4 months, I'm not sure what it is now. Cricket is currently running a sale on the L650 for $49, but you'd still have the unlock issue.

acejavelin

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Check your local AT&T Authorized Resellers, the AT&T branded Lumia 640 LTE is going for $29.99. I had to ask at one and they found four in the Minneapolis/St Paul Twin Cities area, I was able to get two of them but had to ask since they no longer had them on display.

lewiedude

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Check your local AT&T Authorized Resellers, the AT&T branded Lumia 640 LTE is going for $29.99. I had to ask at one and they found four in the Minneapolis/St Paul Twin Cities area, I was able to get two of them but had to ask since they no longer had them on display.

By authorized reseller, do.you mean franchise location OR corporate store? I am going to do that either way, but the clarification will help.me start in the right place. Thanks!

acejavelin

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
By authorized reseller, do.you mean franchise location OR corporate store? I am going to do that either way, but the clarification will help.me start in the right place. Thanks!
Corporate stores have been sold out for months, around here at least, but we have several "authorized resellers" that look like regular AT&T stores.

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Sorry to necro the thread but there is a simple/cheaper solution. Buy the cricket phone and swap the mainboard out with the one from your at&t phone. Takes about 15 min and your back running like nothing ever happened. PLUS you have a spiffy new blue back and an extra battery for your trouble!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans