Driver error on Windows 10 PC when connect my Lumia 640

Leonidas Figueroa

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Hello guys, just posting this in looking for a fix or solution, I Have my PC toshiba with Windows 10 Pro X86 based build already on Windows Insider release preview build 14393.187, so happens that when I connect my Microsoft Lumia 640 via usb showd an device connected as Lumia 640 LTE (RM-1073) without giving me acces to MTP, just days ago I was able using my device at MTP showing my device name and his respective icons as a lumia 640, I installed and repaired WDRT to fix drivers issues but no luck anyone with this problem? :crying::crying:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Download and extract USBDeview Inside the folder > right click the exe > run as admin

Delete all drivers marked Nokia or Lumia >plug the device into USB and let a fresh set of drivers install.

Mike Newport

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Hello guys, just posting this in looking for a fix or solution, I Have my PC toshiba with Windows 10 Pro X86 based build already on Windows Insider release preview build 14393.187, so happens that when I connect my Microsoft Lumia 640 via usb showd an device connected as Lumia 640 LTE (RM-1073) without giving me acces to MTP, just days ago I was able using my device at MTP showing my device name and his respective icons as a lumia 640, I installed and repaired WDRT to fix drivers issues but no luck anyone with this problem? :crying::crying:

I had the same exact issue, tried everything. Finally I decided to install drivers from storage and I went into device manager , selected update driver software, selected browse my computer,then selected let me pick from a list of device drivers on my pc, there where 3 different choices all for MTP Driver the first two didn't work , but then boom the third one worked like a charm.

Nahk786

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
Download the 'Windows Phone app for desktop' and use the B2X app an official outsourced support helpline by Microsoft with a live chat.option with humans not bots.

MakThaNife

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I had the same exact issue, tried everything. Finally I decided to install drivers from storage and I went into device manager , selected update driver software, selected browse my computer,then selected let me pick from a list of device drivers on my pc, there where 3 different choices all for MTP Driver the first two didn't work , but then boom the third one worked like a charm.

This worked for me! THANK YOU!

angelitto2005

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site

Excellent answer and solution. Thanks Sir.
I had the same problem trying to connect my Lumia 650 to my PC. Nothing worked until i found this topic and this post. I reinstaled the MTP driver like Mike said and now everything works great again. YEY!

prabu d

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site

Thanks Man, i tried the third driver directly, (didnt try the first two) and boom. It worked.

Arung Isyadi

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site

Tried this method and it worked like a charm. Probably to make it clearer is to open device manager (please make sure that you have uninstall all Lumia related drivers first), then plug in you phone. There will be a new device detected in Other Devices section, right click it and chose "Update Device Driver" option. After that follow the exact steps from Mike and chose the #3 option. It was "MTP USB Driver" CMIIW. You should get your device works again.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

My phone quit being recognized after getting the Creators Update. I have tried over a dozen solutions listed on the Internet to no avail. THIS fixed it for me. YUUUGE Thanks for this.

shashank 1

Jun 14, 2017
Visit site

thanks man. it worked in 2 seconds

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire