failed to backup

james42519

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
i have 8.1 still and i been trying to backup app and settings and it says ?We can?t connect to OneDrive to back up. Update your phone and try again.?. what is going on and how can you backup? i also am trying to figure out how to restore app and settings on lumia 650 with windows 10. think i might have messed something.

mc_razza

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I was in that thread, lol:
Windows Phone 8.1 backup error: ?We can?t connect to - Microsoft Community

The issue was resolved in W10M.

Despite receiving the message saying that your backup wasn't successful in actual fact it has backed up successfully. Check here:
https://onedrive.live.com/options/DeviceBackups

If not, you can delete a backup via manage backup or in the link above. Or you can uncheck the App backup option (keep the Settings backup option checked) and then tap on the back up now button.

My subsequent backups have been successful.

james42519

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
the thing is i checked the backup and it still shows aug 1 the last backup. it won't backup. i got contacts+message backup and moved text over. i was going to try and back up apps but just downloaded them again i guess.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
As ms_razza said, even though it says can't connect to OneDrive it still creates backup. But delete the old one first. Did that on L928 (8.1) about a month ago. Everything worked fine

james42519

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
will doing that sync the passwords though? i already kinda set stuff up and don't want to restore from old phone now and mess stuff up. is there a setting to sync wifi passwords?

james42519

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
ok. well lumia 640 synced passwords with windows 10 i got so kinda assumed that new phone lumia 650 would be able to sync with either the phone or computer to get passwords but guess not right now. not worth resetting stuff up if that is what i have to do. got lumia 640 to back up i think but pointless right now if need to reset new phone to do something. could have sworn i picked the old backup to set up the new phone but seems like something went wrong maybe. when doing oobe i did sign into microsoft account so it is connected with same account as other phone and computer.i thought the lumia 640 backup was selected on the next restore phone page

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk