I picked up a Lumia 640 on the cheap yesterday and I'm trying to get it updated to Windows 10 Mobile. Also, to clarify I am in the insider program and have been able to install insider previews on devices before (950xl, 635) However, when I install the windows insider app from the store and click get preview builds I see the 5 dots moving for several seconds...Then it comes up and says:

Server Error
    A connection error prevented us from downloading programs for you. Please check the date/time of your device and its network connection and try again.

So here's what I've tried so far:
    1. I've checked to make sure it was set with the proper date and time.
    2. I've tried 4 different internet connections (Home, Work, School, Hotspot)
    3. I've performed a factory reset
    4. I've reset it twice using the lumia recovery tool
    5. I also tried moving the date back in time to see if it would work, at which point I would get a message saying no builds were available for my device.

What am I missing?
    Is there a way to side load an operating system onto it using something similar to ODIN for Samsung?

Thanks guys!
    09-14-2017 09:13 AM
    Three weeks this is all I have seen on my Acer Jade Primo. I just wanted to update to Anniversary Update......

wp_ss_20170909_0001.jpg

I can't go forward or Leave the program.
    09-15-2017 10:02 PM
    Has anyone found a solution for this Issue, I have two friends with a Lumia 640 that I want to upgrade to Windows 10.

I picked up a Lumia 640 on the cheap yesterday and I'm trying to get it updated to Windows 10 Mobile. Also, to clarify I am in the insider program and have been able to install insider previews on devices before (950xl, 635) However, when I install the windows insider app from the store and click get preview builds I see the 5 dots moving for several seconds...Then it comes up and says:

Server Error
    A connection error prevented us from downloading programs for you. Please check the date/time of your device and its network connection and try again.

So here's what I've tried so far:
    1. I've checked to make sure it was set with the proper date and time.
    2. I've tried 4 different internet connections (Home, Work, School, Hotspot)
    3. I've performed a factory reset
    4. I've reset it twice using the lumia recovery tool
    5. I also tried moving the date back in time to see if it would work, at which point I would get a message saying no builds were available for my device.

What am I missing?
    Is there a way to side load an operating system onto it using something similar to ODIN for Samsung?

Thanks guys!
    03-11-2019 06:18 AM