The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    Is there anyone to help me in enabling 4g in my Lumia ,It is not showing 4g in settings and I am operate it on windows 10 .Please help
    01-17-2018 06:34 AM
    Is there anyone to help me in enabling 4g in my Lumia ,It is not showing 4g in settings and I am operate it on windows 10 .Please help
    Did you confirm that it is 4g model?it can be 3g only model.
    01-17-2018 09:59 AM
    from which I had bought it, said it is 4g enabled
    01-17-2018 10:36 PM
    How to know that whether it is 4g or not?
    01-17-2018 10:39 PM
    But someone has said to me all Lumia 640 is 4g enabled
    01-17-2018 10:49 PM
    How to know that whether it is 4g or not?
    In network settings
    Attached Thumbnails 990552.jpg  
    01-17-2018 11:27 PM
    I have encountered this problem when using 2 SIM cards on a dual-SIM 950 XL. Both SIMs will received LTE if inserted separately, but they revert to 4G when both are inserted. Then when removing one of the SIMs, the AT&T SIM stays at 4G and will not connect to LTE. The only way I have found to fix the issue is to remove one of the cards and then move the AT&T SIM to the other slot and then reboot the phone.

I believe this is a software issue Microsoft never bothered to address. Both of my SIM cards are LTE capable. But when the 2nd one is inserted this issue appears. I do not know if this happens with every combination of 2 SIMs or with just some of them. The ones I use are AT&T and a Keepgo international data SIM.
    01-18-2018 06:51 AM
    The crux of the confusion here is that LTE is 4G.

The carriers in the US have been labelling 3.5G (HSPDA+) and even 3G (HSPDA) as 4G.

Generally for the sake of simplicity it goes like this GPRS, 2G, Edge, Hspda (H), Hspda+ (H+) and LTE.

Almost everywhere in the world refers to LTE as 4G, there has not been any confusion between LTE and WiMax for aeons so that's not a factor.

In regards to your issue, only one sim can receive an active data connection as far I've heard. Unfortunately I don't have a dual sim phone to test and check for work arounds.
    01-19-2018 04:40 AM
    I have encountered this problem when using 2 SIM cards on a dual-SIM 950 XL. Both SIMs will received LTE if inserted separately, but they revert to 4G when both are inserted. Then when removing one of the SIMs, the AT&T SIM stays at 4G and will not connect to LTE. The only way I have found to fix the issue is to remove one of the cards and then move the AT&T SIM to the other slot and then reboot the phone.

I believe this is a software issue Microsoft never bothered to address. Both of my SIM cards are LTE capable. But when the 2nd one is inserted this issue appears. I do not know if this happens with every combination of 2 SIMs or with just some of them. The ones I use are AT&T and a Keepgo international data SIM.
    Both sims are 4g capable, but only one sim will be 4g while the other will only be at 2g network. It is not a problem unless your telco had decommissioned 2g. If you need 4g+3g voice, you need to buy some of the latest handset.
    01-19-2018 05:23 AM
    >>Almost everywhere in the world refers to LTE as 4G, there has not been any confusion between LTE and WiMax for aeons so that's not a factor.>>

Well that does make things confusing, especially the 950 XL normally displays LTE until I insert the 2nd international SIM. When the international SIM is inserted and used as the data SIM, it starts to display 4G (even though it is LTE capable).

>>In regards to your issue, only one sim can receive an active data connection as far I've heard. Unfortunately I don't have a dual sim phone to test and check for work arounds.<<

It is correct that when 2 SIMs are in place, one is specified as the data SIM, the other receives phone calls only at 2G. After that is done, the ATT SIM no longer displays LTE if I designate it as the data SIM. That's when it changes from LTE to 4G.But that is not really my issue. The issue appears after I remove the international SIM.

When the ATT SIM is the only one in the phone, it displays LTE. When I insert an international SIM into the 2nd slot, the ATT SIM reverts to 4G. When I remove the international SIM, the ATT SIM continues to display 4G and does not return to displaying LTE. A reboot does not cause it to return to displaying LTE. It does return to displaying LTE only if I switch slots and then reboot. This may not be significant at all in light of your information about carriers mislabeling signals, but since the phone displays both 4G and LTE as if they were different, it does indeed get confusing.

The staff at my AT&T store kept giving me a new SIM card every time this happened, at least until I figured out how to work around it myself. Ha!
    Last edited by mggm100; 01-23-2018 at 06:52 PM. Reason: another typo
    01-23-2018 06:50 PM
    >>Almost everywhere in the world refers to LTE as 4G, there has not been any confusion between LTE and WiMax for aeons so that's not a factor.>>

Well that does make things confusing, especially the 950 XL normally displays LTE until I insert the 2nd international SIM. When the international SIM is inserted and used as the data SIM, it starts to display 4G (even though it is LTE capable).

>>In regards to your issue, only one sim can receive an active data connection as far I've heard. Unfortunately I don't have a dual sim phone to test and check for work arounds.<<

It is correct that when 2 SIMs are in place, one is specified as the data SIM, the other receives phone calls only at 2G. After that is done, the ATT SIM no longer displays LTE if I designate it as the data SIM. That's when it changes from LTE to 4G.But that is not really my issue. The issue appears after I remove the international SIM.

When the ATT SIM is the only one in the phone, it displays LTE. When I insert an international SIM into the 2nd slot, the ATT SIM reverts to 4G. When I remove the international SIM, the ATT SIM continues to display 4G and does not return to displaying LTE. A reboot does not cause it to return to displaying LTE. It does return to displaying LTE only if I switch slots and then reboot. This may not be significant at all in light of your information about carriers mislabeling signals, but since the phone displays both 4G and LTE as if they were different, it does indeed get confusing.

The staff at my AT&T store kept giving me a new SIM card every time this happened, at least until I figured out how to work around it myself. Ha!
    Interesting!

Hmm, maybe when I do upgrade to a L950XL later, I'll see if I can get hold of a dual sim model and see if the 2G call restriction is either a hardware limitation or a configuration oversight. Just like how some Windows Phone models were able to set a static IP address and others couldn't, this was due to an optional setting in the configuration.xml files used by OEMs when packaging the rom.
    01-24-2018 02:05 PM