Who is planning on getting the Lumia 650?

Schnuffi

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm a BlackBerry refugee. BB10 is dying a slow and painful death (in retrospect it was DOA) and I have tried numerous times force myself to like Android, but I just can't do it.

I am very cost-conscious when it comes to the tech I use. I refuse to get locked into a contract or go into debt over a phone, so I prefer to buy mine off-contract and use a MVNO (Ting).

If money were no object for me, I'd probably get an iPhone or a Lumia 950 XL. But money IS a concern for me and there are many, many things I'd rather spend money on than a phone.

Low and mid-range Windows phones hit a sweet spot as far as bang-for-the-buck. I used a Lumia 521 as my daily driver a couple years back and was thoroughly impressed at what I got for my money.

If the renders are true, I think the Lumia 650 looks fantastic. It'll be the best-looking Windows 10 phone so far. The specs don't concern me nearly as much as real-world performance. Windows phones are known for getting a lot out of low-end hardware, so I'm not really concerned.

If it is around $200 off-contract and they sell an unlocked GSM model, I'll very seriously consider getting one.

So I'm definitely leaning "yes" on this one.

I think if if I was getting another phone now I would just get another 640 I think you you get the most bang for the buck.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
hell no. I'm sticking with my 640 as most are. The 650 is a complete downgrade. there is nothing better, and the CPU and battery life are ****.
How do you know about the battery life of a device that hasn't even come out yet?

Personally I am looking forward to having a device with good cameras and is truly unlocked because t-mobile probably isn't going to update my phone ever.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
FWIW, I see a hole in the Last Lumia this year theory.

Each year, we are supposed to have Budget x 2 (550, 650), Flag x 2 (950, 950 XL), and Mid-range x2 (???)...

Even if 650 is supposed to be mid... We are due 2 more devices.

Last edited:

trivishal

May 1, 2015
Visit site
FWIW, I see a hole in the Last Lumia this year theory.

Each year, we are supposed to have Budget x 2 (550, 650), Flag x 2 (950, 950 XL), and Mid-range x2 (???)...

Even if 650 is supposed to be mid... We are due 2 more devices.

I think that Low End Lumia 550 and 650, Mid-range Lumia 750 and 850, and Flagship Lumia 950 and 950XL, and the so-called Surface Phone which can come under Lumia name with Snapdragon 820 Or Intel chip or in both variants, I suppose, will fulfill the Lumia Smartphones models for year 2016.
Only PROCESSORS ARE OR WOULD BE OF 2015 ANDROID SMARTPHONES IN LOW END AND MID RANGE LUMIAS, especially when Low end 2016 Android Smartphones will come with Snapdragon 425( SD 425 is equal to Snapdragon 616 in CPU+GPU configuration and speed ); and when mid-range 2016 Android Smartphones will come with Snapdragon 650 and 652 which actually beat Snapdragon 808 and Helio X10 processors (Snapdragon 808 and Helio X10 processors were 2015 flagship processors) in Antutu and other various benchmarks; and Lumia 650, 750 and 850 would still come with Snapdragon 210, 212, 410, 412, 615, 616, 617. And no actual DX12 graphics support for upcoming Lumias, except for probably Flagship Lumias( Maybe even not for Flagship Lumias).

Schnuffi

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Didn't MS say they would make a budget a midrange and a business model if no one came on board with windows phones. Seem at least a couple of other phone makers are now on board.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Wonder if/when it will be available in the US.

If they do it anything like how the 550 was, we will find out in a month.

Edit: So I looked on the Microsoft US site, and it says that it is coming soon. https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...2Fmobile%2Fphone%2Flumia650%2F&token=j_vo80ps

Also on the main mobile page, it is advertised too, so there's hope. It's just a matter of when, which could be in a month's time.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
As much as I have been waiting for this device, I'll pass. It sounds great, but I can't with AMOLED. Not a fan, since I prefer IPS. I tried it out on a 735 so I'm not being a naysayer just because. The blacks were pretty but I'm more of a light theme person, also not a fan of burn-in happening.

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I was at the Cricket kiosk in the local Mall yesterday.

Me: Do you know when you will be getting the Lumia 650 and what the price will be?

Rep: I don't know if we are getting that phone.

Meanwhile they have the Lumia 640 for $70 dollars with new activation, $90 without. LOL

podsnap

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Well in a moment of stupidity, I lost my HTC 8X on Saturday, so I've ordered a 650 as a replacement. I know I'm going to miss the dedicated camera button and I'm a bit concerned about the performance (although it should at least match the 8X which after a few OS updates wasn't exactly quick 'Resuming...'[SUP]TM[/SUP]).

Sad thing is that it will be slower than by fathers ?50 BLU Win HD LTE (although you can't compare prices for new kit with special offer prices for old kit).

But I think for ?155 it will be a good piece of kit.

I just can't bring myself to pay ?400 for a phone (a 950), especially when it just looks like a big 550 (a friend of mine just spent ?735 on an iPhart, totally insane!).

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I was at the Cricket kiosk in the local Mall yesterday.

Me: Do you know when you will be getting the Lumia 650 and what the price will be?

Rep: I don't know if we are getting that phone.

Meanwhile they have the Lumia 640 for $70 dollars with new activation, $90 without. LOL

Better luck this time with a new rep. He actually looked up their bulletins online.

Lumia 650 dropping at Cricket in April. No specifics like "week 2" or anything. Just April. No price yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte