Microsoft Lumia 650 Bugs & Defects

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
Problems with lumia 650!

Hey guys,
1) I have a Lumia 650 but I also have a lot of problems with it for example, I don't know why it won't do call recording anymore also I can't convert the call into skype call I don't know why!
2) My phone also has a strange issue of touch not working if I am not holding or touching the phone, I thought it to be a hardware issue but because I replaced
it and still the issue persists, out is something else.
3) Although my phone is on insider fast ring build 14393 but a fix to the problem "1" had been issued by Microsoft and still my phone has these issues.
4) There are two Glance Screen in settings, one in personalization works, but other in extras, it also opens but crashes if I touch anything, or if I don't the page will go black.
WHY????

Last edited:

anon(5841099)

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Bought a Lumia 650 dual sim today to check if dual sim is right for my purposes. Enjoying it a lot so far, but it has a slight rattle in the vibration motor. So I've basically switched it off wherever I could. Sounds cheap, but it's a cheap phone so...

felixlu28

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi all, I have Lumia 650 WP10 bought on August 30,2016 .... at this moment build 14393.67.
I've detected some issues ... as
1) received mails at outlook app with MP3 attachments is impossible to open-play it from mail client ... if you need to save it, system writes a dialog to save in selected destination with second line - no extension file - and file couldn't be saved.
2) saved mp3, selected to play from webmail are fully functional ....
3) system don't have any ring profiles like we are accustomed from Androids .... f.e. Vibration, No Sound, Loud, Outdoor and so on ... pressable with one button, you must go with + or - and set ring symbol to preset vibration ringtone, or manually down the ringtone volume.
4) a big problem appears in Contacts ... I have imported it from VCF file ... but app People combine few of contacts with another, absolutely incomprehensible. Based on it, I have split it manually, but I am not satisfied with function of it ....

iJohnnyCash

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
3) system don't have any ring profiles like we are accustomed from Androids .... f.e. Vibration, No Sound, Loud, Outdoor and so on ... pressable with one button, you must go with + or - and set ring symbol to preset vibration ringtone, or manually down the ringtone volume.
4) a big problem appears in Contacts ... I have imported it from VCF file ... but app People combine few of contacts with another, absolutely incomprehensible. Based on it, I have split it manually, but I am not satisfied with function of it ....
3) ...either the iOS has ring profile. You can use Quite Hours, which is a more AI method for No Sound.
4) When Windows Mobile died at 6.5 version, and the Palm some years before, then all Smartphone (WP, Android, iOS and Blackberry) have establish one trend in their DNA. Now its a bigger requirement from things like a sim cards. Your PIM needs must be cloud base.-
Outlook.com is a very good solution, maybe the only one with free desktop and offline features. I'm mean the Mail app and People App. Personally I use Microsoft Exchange Online, but its more complex and expensive. If you have privacy issues, then your private contacts use it with a feature phone. Its like a EU or USA citizen, she or he can't use cash to buy a car, expect the second-handed or the black market.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

I have a issue with the anniversary update. Sometimes if I used wired headphones then its impossible to play audio and videos, despite the app. In first place I was thinking that is something only about the Spotify app, but I notices that issue exist also in MyTube app or the Edge Browser.

More specific, in Spotify when I push play the app freeze and then I say the black "Resuming...". MyTube has the same behavior. With edge if try to play a html video (like youtube) it say "Error: video could not be decoded".

The only solution to restart my device then everything works and headphones works until the some issue appears again. I have notice that it appears every 3-6 hours from a restart.

Do you think is hardware issue? Before august update I have any issue like that.
You suggest me to write it in feedback app?

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
3)
More specific, in Spotify when I push play the app freeze and then I say the black "Resuming...". MyTube has the same behavior. With edge if try to play a html video (like youtube) it say "Error: video could not be decoded".

The only solution to restart my device then everything works and headphones works until the some issue appears again. I have notice that it appears every 3-6 hours from a restart.

I had the same problem with Spotify showing Resuming when switching between apps, using bluetooth in car and headphones. This has not happened with Deezer or Groove; no reboots required when running music in background or switching apps to continue using other music apps.

Colin Hall1

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problems with my 650, 6 weeks later the phone went wrong big time, I contacted O2, they said that they were unaware of the problem but sent me a replacement the following day ( excellent service O2) however I am having the same problems with the new one, is this a common fault? As I use the phone for my business it is very annoying to have to keep looking at it to check for e-mails. The 650 is a waste of money, I will never buy another Lumia as there seems to be no way of resolving the problem and Microsoft obviously don't care.

iJohnnyCash

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I have this strange mark in my display for months, maybe 15-30 days after bought it!
But my first thought was that is maybe a hair or dust between the display and my glass protector.

I bought new glass protector and when I remove the old one, I see that is not something like that.
I talk with expansys and microsoft and they say that they can only fix it, but I must wait for 30 days because the repair center for EU is in UK, because I have it for 6+ months they can exchange it with a new. Personally, understand them.

But technically speaking, can someone guess what happen in my display?
My phone never drop down, I used glass protector. Its my fault?

Attachments

• IMG_20160930_130022287_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160930_130022287_HDR.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 15

TutanCmon

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
I have this strange bug with camera flash... Don't know if it existed before but I definitely have it on latest .448 W10m build and latest Windows camera app version. I also have Lumia 950 and it does not exhibit the same behaviour.

If I set flash to 'auto' and turn on 'Focus light' in settings (either 'automatic' or 'use flash settings') and try focusing on nearby/macro objects in low light, the led will just briefly flash and than immediately turn off without acquiring focus. Normally, it is supposed to assist focusing and turn off only when focus is locked (usually a few seconds). If flashlight is activated during video recording, it will just turn off under same circumstances (flash set to 'auto', not much light, focusing on nearby objects)
This doesn't happen if there is sufficient (plenty) light in the room or if flash is set to 'on' instead of 'auto'.

Can someone check if it affects her/his unit too?

Thanks (and sorry for bad English).

devlam

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Since a month lots of crashes with my lumia 650. Most of time the phone doesn't respond at all. Just black and only battery out and in will help to start again. Crashes are randomly, sometimes when I am using it, sometimes when I take my phone to start using it it has crashed.
First I thought it was the preview version, fast ring. But now l have done hard reset and problem stiil exists. Also had problem once getting my sim to work. In notification icon it showed "phone off". Had to remove sim and put it in again to get it right.

Now I think it must be the hardware. Yesterday crash minimum once per hour. Sometimes also crash at startup after the previous crash.

Other ideas?

WUPAPI39

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
My Son has a Lumia 650 that is having a TON of problems with its touch screen input responsiveness. The keyboard is often unresponsive and inconsistent. He's on the insider preview and we've tried resetting the phone multiple times, is anyone else having similar issues?

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I too am on the fast ring, but don't have the latest build as it wouldn't install.

I have slight unresponsiveness sometimes but not with the keyboard. It's usually using the phone outside with frozen fingers. Probably has more to due with not having sensitive touch like the 920 had.

My main problem of late is needing to reboot the phone a couple times a day as it loses connection to WiFi and is unable to connect without rebooting. I'm wondering if the problem has anything to do with the recent problem in the latest cumulative update causing IP address problems. My PCs have been fine but have multiple friends and family members that were at a loss to solve that problem.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I have been having some problems with the touchscreen as well and the problems seem to have started over the past few days. I don't know if it has to do with the cold weather, some kind of grounding issue, or a software issue.

When I place my phone down on a table or soft surface like a bed the screen becomes totally unresponsive until I pick the phone up and use it while in my hands.

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Great little phone for the price! But....
1. While taking a video, the camera focus goes in and out; this is very annoying!
2. Just before taking a still picture, the camera focus seems to really be struggling to get into focus
3. Every second day or so, I go through a period of phone crashes; like 3 within 15 minutes; then...I get a message saying there is an error on my SD card, and it wants to scan and fix it. After this scan, it says it is fixed. No problems for a day or so; then the same thing happens all over again....

Rubidad

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
It sounds like you have the same sd card issues that I suffered with my Lumia 640.
I bought a Lumia 650 AND a new micro sd card. I have not had card scan issues with the new setup.
I think sd cards can be twitchy. Perhaps a new sd card would solve your crash problem.
I very rarely use the video function, but focusing any phone camera using a touch screen can be frustrating.
IMHO, any phone that has a camera should have a physical camera button!!!

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
I too am on the fast ring, but don't have the latest build as it wouldn't install.

I have slight unresponsiveness sometimes but not with the keyboard. It's usually using the phone outside with frozen fingers. Probably has more to due with not having sensitive touch like the 920 had.

My main problem of late is needing to reboot the phone a couple times a day as it loses connection to WiFi and is unable to connect without rebooting. I'm wondering if the problem has anything to do with the recent problem in the latest cumulative update causing IP address problems. My PCs have been fine but have multiple friends and family members that were at a loss to solve that problem.
I have the same wifi problem; daily....have to reboot. (I've done 2 hard resets on this phone already)

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
It sounds like you have the same sd card issues that I suffered with my Lumia 640.
I bought a Lumia 650 AND a new micro sd card. I have not had card scan issues with the new setup.
I think sd cards can be twitchy. Perhaps a new sd card would solve your crash problem.
I very rarely use the video function, but focusing any phone camera using a touch screen can be frustrating.
IMHO, any phone that has a camera should have a physical camera button!!!

wp_ss_20170102_0002.png

I keep getting this same SD card error. I tried using a brand new card:
Patriot LX Series 128GB High Speed Micro SDXC Up to 70MB/sec Transfer Speeds

My 'old' 200 GB ScanDisk card worked just fine in all of my other phones: Ativ S, Ativ SE, and Lumia 830. Never had any trouble until this phone, so I bought a new card; same thing keeps happening. It usually occurs after taking pics or vids; after taking a pic, the camera takes a long time 'saving' or 'finishing'; I want to look at the pic right away; something is taking way to long with the photo processing and saving. The phone crashed twice in an hour; got this same error message twice....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05