03-16-2017 10:58 PM
34 12
tools
    Some people love the sleek look of the Lumia 650 just as it is. Others may want to dress it up with a new case in the style and color of their preference. Some may even want to get an armored or decorative skin for their new phone.

And a new phone usually means new accessories: screen protectors, headphones, memory cards, etc...

Here you can show off your selection of cases and accessories. Tell us how you're outfitting that great phone and what you'll be using with it.

Give us the lowdown on how it looks, how it feels, how it performs... How is it working out for you?

[NOTE]Remember the cardinal rule of the internet:

Pics or it did not happen!!! [/NOTE]
    abhishek singh21 likes this.
    03-04-2016 11:37 AM
    I bought this ShockSock for mine:
    shocksock.jpg

Lumia 650 Case, Shocksock Microsoft 650 Neoprene Case: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

It really protects the phone well and means I can just throw the phone in a bag without worrying. The super strength velcro looses up nicely over time. A smaller version kept my recently departed HTC 8X in perfect condition with not a mark on the screen (no screen protector) for 3 years.

There are obvious disadvantages, it adds bulk, it takes time to remove the phone from the case when you're answering it, but it protects it well and means the phones design isn't permanently hidden behind a rubber cover.
    03-11-2016 04:41 AM
    Mozo back cover in black wood effect arrived today. It's a lot thicker than the original and adds a mm to the thickness of the phone but I like it. It adds a sense of solidity to the device and there is no creaking whatsoever. Lightly textured surface repels fingerprints too. Recommended. Beyond that I keep mine in a Fitbag pouch (black cord with microfiber lining). It gives you ease of access and keeps the screen clean too.
    libra89, nysink and RumoredNow like this.
    03-11-2016 06:29 AM
    Not seen those before, really like the look of them. Is it a snug fit?
    03-11-2016 09:21 AM
    Yeah, fits tight as a drum and absolutely no flex. It's thicker than the original back and adds a bit substance. Also, it protects the camera lens bump as it has a lip that protrudes just above the level of the lens. Thoughtful touch.
    RumoredNow and libra89 like this.
    03-11-2016 11:15 AM
    how is the mozo black wood back cover after a month is there any problems with it as im thinking of getting one for my 650
    04-13-2016 09:43 AM
    Also thinking of getting the black wood look cover.

Has anyone yet found a good screenprotector film? I'm hearing about problems with the light sensor with these, but a screenprotector is pretty much a priority for me.
    05-02-2016 01:54 AM
    I grabbed this one from Amazon. $10 bucks, has a clear back and a colored border...it actually looks really nice. It eliminates the bump from the camera and the tiny feet hold it off of surfaces. Not to mention, the color of the blue one is similar to the Cyan color used for previous Lumias, so, I feel like I have some continuity. lol

Amazon.com: Lumia 650 Case, Tauri [Scratch Resistant] Crystal Clear Protective Case [Drop Protection] TPU Bumper Hybrid Case Cover for Microsoft Lumia 650 - Blue: Cell Phones & Accessories

wp_20160502_00_06_22_pro_li.jpg
    RumoredNow likes this.
    05-02-2016 06:36 AM
    Does anyone know where can I buy second battery for L650?
    I live in EU (Cyprus).
    08-09-2016 09:34 AM
    Does anyone know where can I buy second battery for L650?
    I live in EU (Cyprus).
    I can't find any on the internet...

Maybe wait some more or look at power banks?
    08-09-2016 01:00 PM
    I think that's wired.
    I search for a battery every month from when I bought it.
    You can find battery or other accessories for any model, despite their sales.
    I ask for the possibility that I looking in wrong sites.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    08-11-2016 10:26 AM
    Here's an original 650 battery: Batera Microsoft BV-T3G Lumia 650 2000 mAh

The site looks a bit old and delivery takes a while, but all parts are original as the name suggests. I previously ordered a new back cover, NFC antennae and Qi charging coils from them for my Lumia 930 (can't believe they didn't offer the 930 with silver aluminium and black cover combo from the start, it's the best looking :P).
    RumoredNow and iJohnnyCash like this.
    08-11-2016 05:53 PM
    Mieh, amazon must change the search algorithm.
    From @Intrance's link, I found the code and search it in amazon. Now I have results.
    For example:
    RumoredNow and 920Walker like this.
    08-12-2016 03:01 AM
    I bought a Cimo TPU case, blue color, for my 650 from Amazon. $8 shipped and very happy with the purchase. Shipped from Cimo in New Jersey, USA. It is a clear blue case with matte finish on back and glossy on all sides and no fingerprints yet after one day of use. It looks slightly darker in person than these few pics I took. The case protrudes from the screen enough to allow face down placement of the phone without scratching the screen. The buttons require a bit more pressure to press than without the case but are easier to feel and distinguish up and down volume. The overall fit in hand is much better than the naked 650 IMO, which is too thin to be comfortable without a case. The fit of the case on the phone is also perfect; no loose edges or corners. The mold line visible in the photo is barely visible in person, and only up close with the right lighting. It was between this and a StilGut leather flip case and am very happy with this case as I think opening and closing such case would wear on my patience.

wp_20160812_20_26_07_pro.jpgwp_20160812_20_30_46_pro.jpgwp_20160812_20_32_44_pro.jpg
    Last edited by 920Walker; 08-13-2016 at 04:58 PM.
    RumoredNow and libra89 like this.
    08-13-2016 04:29 PM
    Bought this Cubix faux-leather back cover for my new 650, pretty decent for only INR 400 off amazon.in - can't speak to long-term wear and tear of course but seeing even Mozo cases wearing off poorly over time, this seems a steal.

cubix.jpg
    920Walker and RumoredNow like this.
    08-13-2016 10:15 PM
    This looks like a good case, just ordered mine, thanks for posting this.
    08-25-2016 08:24 AM
    otterbox apparently makes a case. anyone get it? wonder why they make one for this phone but not others. Ultra-Slim Lumia 650 Case | Ultra Slim. Ultra Protective. OtterBox case. | OtterBox
    RumoredNow likes this.
    10-31-2016 06:06 AM
    I've been rocking the Mozo Glam case on my 650 and have gotten a LOT of compliments on it.

mozo-glam-cover-case-microsoft-lumia-650-clear-gold.jpg

Now I'm thinking of adding the Light Wood back... I think they would really compliment each other very well.

57444.jpg

Still scouring the net, but in the US this Amazon Storefront seems to have the best deals on Mozo and we all know they aren't cheap.

BTW, have ya signed up for Amazon Smiles? Get part of every purchase donated to the charity of your choice. I made mine Be The Match, they have lots of great causes to choose from and you can change them from time to time as well.
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 11-27-2016 at 10:46 AM. Reason: syntax attax
    libra89 likes this.
    11-27-2016 10:28 AM
    LOL... Thinking done. Trigger pulled. I had a couple other items sitting in my cart so I just added the Wood Back, applied my Microsoft Rewards for a $5 gift card and placed my order.

Also in the cart was this super deal: 3 pack Tempered Glass Screen Protectors for Lumia 650 only $7.95 and a little something for my Lumia 1520.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-27-2016 10:43 AM
    LOL... Thinking done. Trigger pulled. I had a couple other items sitting in my cart so I just added the Wood Back, applied my Microsoft Rewards for a $5 gift card and placed my order.

Also in the cart was this super deal: 3 pack Tempered Glass Screen Protectors for Lumia 650 only $7.95 and a little something for my Lumia 1520.
    Nice! Considering a wood back myself but so hard to locate and a deal seems like it can't be found lol. I have some sellers who I am considering.
    11-27-2016 11:57 AM
    Nice! Considering a wood back myself but so hard to locate and a deal seems like it can't be found lol. I have some sellers who I am considering.
    I figured I better get one before the supply dries up. Lumia is winding down. I guess the accessories may stay in the pipe a bit longer, but Mozo seems to be blowing them out on their site.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-27-2016 12:01 PM
    I figured I better get one before the supply dries up. Lumia is winding down. I guess the accessories may stay in the pipe a bit longer, but Mozo seems to be blowing them out on their site.
    You're right. With that being said, I decided to buy too. I know Lumia accessories aren't super common, but these are nearly rare.

Sent from mTalk
    RumoredNow likes this.
    11-27-2016 01:13 PM
    in the cart was this super deal: 3 pack Tempered Glass Screen Protectors for Lumia 650 only $7.95
    It came in and I put one on yesterday...
    • My 3 pack actually came with 4 - YMMV
    • Nice packaging
    • Complete install kit: alcohol wipes, dust remover, alignment tabs, screen cloth
    • Goes on easy, no air pockets or blemishes
    • Nice fit except maybe just a mm or two shorter than I'd like, but still an excellent fit with good cutouts
    • Feels good on the fingertips
    • Definitely a good oleophobic coating
    libra89 likes this.
    12-08-2016 10:45 AM
    I've been rocking the Mozo Glam case on my 650 and have gotten a LOT of compliments on it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mozo-Glam-Cover-Case-for-Microsoft-Lumia-650-Clear-Gold.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	132290

Now I'm thinking of adding the Light Wood back... I think they would really compliment each other very well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	57444.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	132291

Still scouring the net, but in the US this Amazon Storefront seems to have the best deals on Mozo and we all know they aren't cheap.

BTW, have ya signed up for Amazon Smiles? Get part of every purchase donated to the charity of your choice. I made mine Be The Match, they have lots of great causes to choose from and you can change them from time to time as well.
    Can you send some pics of that case on the phone.

I'm thinking about getting a case for my 650 but it's so pretty I don't want to hide the beauty :( It feels so slim and sleek and light without the case.
    A friend had one of these https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Eas...pUvbUpU3602366 so I put it on my 650 to see how it would look/feel and it totally killed the appeal of the phone for me.

On the other side, it's just a matter of time till I drop it and/or start scuffing the edges. sigh.

Decisions.
    Last edited by ttsoldier; 12-09-2016 at 07:48 PM.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    12-09-2016 07:33 PM
    My silver glam case from Mozo arrived yesterday which was sooner than I expected. I loved using the phone without a case because of the looks, and how thin and light it is but I figured I would rather be safe than sorry.

The glam case is probably the only case I would use on this phone because the case itself does have it's own classy look. The pictures make the case look as if it has metal edges, but it is just painted plastic. The case does add a bit of weight and thickness to the phone, but the phone is so thin and light to start with that it's not much of a big deal. The extra thickness does also help me handle the phone a bit better.

I will post some pictures of the case and phone when I get a chance and am not feeling too lazy.

I might pick up a light wood back as well before the stock disappears for good. I just wish the wood backs had the Windows logo on it.
    libra89 likes this.
    12-11-2016 12:56 AM
34 12