Lumia 650 Single SIM U.S. Availability

Northcliff

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm ready to buy a Lumia 650, but I don't want a dual SIM or international model. I would like to purchase a unit directly from Microsoft. I am located in the United States.

Currently they offer one variant on the store: black, dual SIM.

Any idea when or if they will have a single SIM model in stock? How about other color options?

Thanks.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Based on how they did things with the XL, I doubt that they will ever do a single sim deal. The only possibility is if Cricket will follow through with their plans to sell the 650. Even then, it would be locked to Cricket.

XToro

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Why don't you want dual sim? I bought the dual sim but only use one sim card. There's no difference really. It doesn't popup with a no sim card error or anything. Only thing it does is show a little icon at the top saying one slot is empty.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Why don't you want dual sim? I bought the dual sim but only use one sim card. There's no difference really. It doesn't popup with a no sim card error or anything. Only thing it does is show a little icon at the top saying one slot is empty.

Exactly. Also there are app icons for the second SIM (phone and messaging with little 1 or 2 numbers on them). Just unpin them from the start screen and you are good to go. Otherwise it acts like a normal single SIM phone. Only if you put in a second SIM will it start to do the extra things.

One advantage with a second SIM in the USA, is if you have a work number and your personal number. If your work number is also a GSM carrier, you just put the second work SIM in and you don't need to carry two phones around. Kind of nice if you think about it.

XToro

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Exactly. Also there are app icons for the second SIM (phone and messaging with little 1 or 2 numbers on them). Just unpin them from the start screen and you are good to go. Otherwise it acts like a normal single SIM phone. Only if you put in a second SIM will it start to do the extra things.

One advantage with a second SIM in the USA, is if you have a work number and your personal number. If your work number is also a GSM carrier, you just put the second work SIM in and you don't need to carry two phones around. Kind of nice if you think about it.

The way I got rid of the little 1 and 2 numbers on both the messaging and phone tiles is by linking them. Open Messaging and press the three dots on the bottom right corner (...) to open the menu and press "Link tiles". This will remove the individual sim tiles and make them one. They then appear like single sim phone tiles and just say "Messaging" and "Phone" with no numbers.

For the phone tiles, do the same thing as I said for the Messaging tile.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss