Dropped calls?

cpyne

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I've got the 650 dual sim with one line on att and one on Cricket. Both lines drop calls very often even with a strong signal. Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I've got the 650 dual sim with one line on att and one on Cricket. Both lines drop calls very often even with a strong signal. Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions?

what OS are you on? You can check OS version by going to settings > system >about > OS version/build

Can you try with one of the cards removed? Does performance change? Also, are the cards old? You could get new ones if they aren't picking reception that well

cpyne

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
10.0.10586.420. It's my wifes phone, so I haven't tried going off the default build. Think a later build would be better?

Att sim is probably a year old. Cricket just a month or so.

Good suggestion on trying with one sim at a time

AbhiWindows10

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Wow ! My experience has been the TOTAL opposite.

I've never had a better phone experience before. Lumia 650 has awesome reception. Are you covering the antennae?

Sent from my Lumia 650 via the Windows Central app ;)

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
10.0.10586.420. It's my wifes phone, so I haven't tried going off the default build. Think a later build would be better?

Att sim is probably a year old. Cricket just a month or so.

Good suggestion on trying with one sim at a time

the build you're on should be fine, just keep updating as official updates roll out regularly

borg_picard

Jun 21, 2016
Visit site
I only have 1 line. I have discovered that my call drops when I receive a text message or the caller I am speaking with receives a text message at the same time. The Bluetooth connection freezes in my car as well, and I can not disconnect from the call, when I am speaking with someone, and I receive a text message.
I never had an issue with my 925. Now I have countless issues with the 650.

HSolo

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
I only have 1 line. I have discovered that my call drops when I receive a text message or the caller I am speaking with receives a text message at the same time. The Bluetooth connection freezes in my car as well, and I can not disconnect from the call, when I am speaking with someone, and I receive a text message.
I never had an issue with my 925. Now I have countless issues with the 650.

Perhaps your husband has some ideas.....I have heard he is quite brilliant, and if you ask him he might suggest you become a Microsoft Insider and try a different os version. I can't really imagine what he would say, him being brilliant and all that, but it might be along those lines?

borg_picard

Jun 21, 2016
Visit site
Oh what a brilliant idea. I never gave it a thought to ask the insider why I am having so many issues with a phone he suggested to purchase. Perhaps my husband will teach me the secret handshake soon, and then maybe the problems will go away. Love ya dear!

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Picked up a 650 on Cricket in the US yesterday after my 920 began dropping calls too frequently and the battery draining overnight weekly. There were hiccups at the Cricket store getting cellular data working after activation but all has been wonderful now. Aside from the reduced screen ppi and no OIS, I'm loving this thing. No app crashes, the Windows Central W10 app has been flawless, much snappier performance and no dust in the FFC.

Instead of creating my own thread I posted here to say I love that a couple chatted with each other in this post, complementing each other :) I think so anyway.

David Schulze

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
I've been a Windows Phone user since the Lumia 1020. I've owned the 1020 and 2 1520's, never had a dropped call. That is in till the 950XL dual SIM. I even moved my wife to WP. I have had the phone replaced 2 times, know on my 3rd 950XL and recorded to drop WP all together. Support is almost nonexistent, they sent me on a wild goose chase yesterday to a Microsoft store that was recently closed 45 minutes north of me. I then had to drive to another store that is an house south. 5 hours of m y day in total, wasted. I've been a fan of the eco system even with the lack of apps that I wish I had. All calls were dropped when I tried to make an out going call on the non data SIM, or in the middle of a received call. Microsofta blamed AT&T and AT&T blamed Microsoft. I have replaced the SIM card 4 times. And the phone 2. I have factory defaulted testosterone times then I can count. Updated to .189 same problem. Money will be better my Nexus 6P dual SIM will be arriving.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss