Lumia 650, good way to get back into WP?

Connor Price

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Wow, it's been way too long. Haven't been on these forums for a good year or so now, and I'd just like to get peoples impression on the Lumia 650? I want to get back into Windows Phone as my Moto G 2nd Gen is driving me insane with it's performance, despite me trying multiple roms and kernels. I can get the Lumia 650 for free from my carrier, and I'm really interested in WM10. I'll only be doing the basics like web browsing, using social media apps and Spotify. As long as I can use Messenger with Spotify playing in the background and switch to the browser every now and again, I'm fine, as somehow my Moto G severely struggles with this haha. Also, I should probably mention that I most likely wont be using the version of WM10 that comes out the box. I'll probably end up using the insider builds as I used to with my 820. Cheers.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Honestly its as good as any midrange/more budget-oriented Windows Phone. Many hold the 640 above the 650 for various reasons, but if you can get the 650 for free, go for it. I know it'll be able to handle those tasks and while it's no 950 or Elite X3 it's still a perfectly acceptable experience.

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Honestly its as good as any midrange/more budget-oriented Windows Phone. Many hold the 640 above the 650 for various reasons, but if you can get the 650 for free, go for it. I know it'll be able to handle those tasks and while it's no 950 or Elite X3 it's still a perfectly acceptable experience.

Amen to that ! I have had 3 win 10 phones and the 650 gave me the least frustration out of the box.

I am on the release preview update and this phone is smooth and snappy and a plain joy to use. Excellent screen display and very good fit and finish. Yes metal does make the difference. LOL 😁

Connor Price

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Cheers for all the input guys! Well, I've managed to mess about with my phone enough to get it functional again, but who knows for how long. Regardless of how this phone starts performing, I'll probably pick up a 650 anyway, considering I can get it for free. Is the general consensus to stay with the out of the box build WM10, or go for with the latest insider build?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd stay stock for now... The Redstone 1 (Anniversary Update) is expected out August 2 and will bring you a stable version of what Insiders are using right now on Fast and Slow Rings...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234