Lumia 650 Double-Tap-to-Wake

Orlando Parkinson

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: Double tap to wake gesture

Ever since my anniversary update I've been searching for the Windows feedback app on my 650 to do some upvotes on the double tap to wake.... But it's like it has been removed along with the FM radio an the skype Video app.... I've searched in the store, but all I'm seeing is the feedback hub... Anyone else not seeing the Windows feedback app ??

Posted from Windows Central's Universal App (Lumia 650)

Mesh24

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site

I have it now. I'm happy I got it. It's a huge improvement in every way over the 520... except for the damn double-tap-to-wake feature. It's hard to unlearn such an embedded muscle memory. If it does return, it will be even faster to relearn.

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site

Just went to feedback and posted a request for this feature on our 650's. Check it out and let's hope with plenty of feedback Microsoft will implement the feature soon

CrazyQwert

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site

Ugh ... I really hate how they handle feedback for Windows. Back then with uservoice and now with the feedback hub. Nothing has changed. There are thousands of requests that should get merged and others that have long been implemented that are still around. Take a look at the xbox uservoice page with active admins that merge similar requests and remove those that are done. This is how you do it. Not this feedback hub mess. Even worse is that it is language specific dividing all the requests even more.

Mesh24

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I think you have to go through the feedback hub. open hamburger menu, click on feedback. I thought both apps existed and the hub just linked to the other, but apparently there is no feedback app by itself.

glossywhite

Banned
Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
One button press to wake, or TWO screen taps to wake; I'll let you work out which takes less time and energy. It's a nice feature, but hardly something one cannot do without.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
One button press to wake, or TWO screen taps to wake; I'll let you work out which takes less time and energy. It's a nice feature, but hardly something one cannot do without.

I find it virtually indispensable though when my phone is mounted in a cradle for Voice Nav duty. I like to sleep the phone on long stretches and then wake it when I get the "In 10 miles do x" alert. Because of the mount I use, it makes accessing the Power Button rather awkward.

Also, you know, habit. If you use DTtW you USE DTtW.

Orlando Parkinson

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site

Well guys, let's all hope when they've finished updating all the various types of 950s (regular, XL, single/dual sim, breaded and unlocked) they'll turn the attention to our beloved 650s... Hopefully 🤞🏾

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site

Originally posted by Orlando Parkinson
Well guys, let's all hope when they've finished updating all the various types of 950s (regular, XL, single/dual sim, breaded and unlocked) they'll turn the attention to our beloved 650s... Hopefully 🤞🏾

I can say the L650 for me has been the most trouble free win 10 phone I have used yet. Next to my old beloved 925,...the 650 is becoming my new favorite. The latest update release for public makes this phone perform even more smoothly. Lots of bang for the buck with this stylish phone,..

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

I always DTTW when the phone is laying on a desk or table I'm sitting at. After a bit it becomes habit to DTTW during general use. Hardly a necessity, but convenient and kind of addictive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre