Lumia 650 Double-Tap-to-Wake

Orlando Parkinson

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Double tap to wake gesture

Coming from 8.1 hardware, my 650 feels rather awkward having to be pressing the unlock button all the time.. Sometimes i even fine myself tapping the screen.... An then reality kicks in.... Microsoft, please update Windows 10 out of the box devices too.

Posted from Windows Central's Universal App, Windows 10 (Lumia 650)

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Now that the 950/XL are getting double tap to wake, will the same hold true for the Lumia 650and 550 ? Seeing it is not a hardware feature but part of windows 10 software? Really hope us 650 and 550 owners get it.

Terrigno

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
I have the same question. This seriously should work for the 650. Hoping they bring this to it

Sent from Windows 10 Phone

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Now that the 950/XL are getting double tap to wake, will the same hold true for the Lumia 650and 550 ? Seeing it is not a hardware feature but part of windows 10 software? Really hope us 650 and 550 owners get it.

It is Hardware and Software. On the hardware side the screen needs a "memory" and the SoC also should support active monitoring. Since the Snapdragon 2xx series lacks SensorCore I would not expect Lumia 650 to see DTtW. Lumia 550 seems to have no display enhancements at all so the chances there are practically zero.

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
It is Hardware and Software. On the hardware side the screen needs a "memory" and the SoC also should support active monitoring. Since the Snapdragon 2xx series lacks SensorCore I would not expect Lumia 650 to see DTtW. Lumia 550 seems to have no display enhancements at all so the chances there are practically zero.

Double Tap to Kill Thread.:cry: But thanks, I was wondering about this myself.

CrazyQwert

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by RumoredNow
Originally Posted by patcherd

Dang it. This, the absence of qi charging and the creaking of the backplate are the only things I am missing / disliking after I switched to the 650 from my 1520. It is such a slick device and I love the metal rim. I whish it would look more interesting like the 830 and not as bland. Could as very well be mistaken for a Samsung. Oh well. Can't have everything, I guess?

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for clarifying. Just purchased a 640 XL 2 weeks ago and am now waiting on an L830 to arrive in a few days.
These will probably be the last Lumia phones for me. Like my 650 but find i use the 640XL all the time now. It's great to have DDtW again. Missed having it after I passed my 925 on to a friend.

I might look to sell the 650 as I don't have need for 3 phones.

Thanks again RumoredNow. Appreciate your knowledgeable and gracious replies'

Last edited:

Orlando Parkinson

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
I had a 620 before i bought my 650, it had no sense core, but it did have have double to wake.. That could mean all Lumia can support the feature

Posted from Windows Central's Universal App (Lumia 650)

jayanthcj47

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
I guess its related to software. The Glance screen (which needs display memory) can support why not double tap? SensorCore is nothing to do with it. Even L540 supports double tap. They should bring back soon. I am missing it!

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Let's hope it comes to 650. I thought about selling the 650, but I really don't want to part with it. Even without ddtw this is a phone I keep coming back to.

Honestly I would rather part with the Nokia 830 than this phone. Maybe because it was built for 10 and it will probably be the last ever Lumia. :-(

Mesh24

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Double tap to wake gesture

oh man, i just bought a 650 haven't even got it yet, and just learned it doesn't have double tap to wake. coming from a 520 that DOES have it feels really pathetic.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

oh man, i just bought a 650 haven't even got it yet, and just learned it doesn't have double tap to wake. coming from a 520 that DOES have it feels really pathetic.

Sorry. Yeah your best bet is a 640/640 xl.

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site

Did you get your phone ? I didn't realize there was no double tap to wake when I got the 650 several months ago. It's a nice phone all around though. I hope that in the future the 650 will get this feature. That should have been standard on a Lumia 650 as my 640 XL has the feature.

vishalrao

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site

Yep, I hope it's even possible for the 650, hopefully it doesn't require some sort of special CPU low power mode which the 212 may or may not support. Hoping a firmware update comes along to enable this for us 650 owners too. Hope. Hope. Hope.

But then again, MS probably laid off all the Nokia Lumia employees right after they finished working on the 950 firmware with DTTW and before they could get to the 650
crying.png

And, of course, we should all upvote the multiple/different/various DTTW requests for the 650 in Feedback Hub app, which I just did.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terrigno

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site

That should have definitely been implemented.

Waiting also.

Patiently wasting for this myself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven