Should I buy windows 650?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I am looking for windows phone and decided to buy 650. It is the right one for me for my budget. I read some reviews about 650 and many people are blaming this phone. they have mentioned that only fools will spend those money on this outdated chip device.

Is it a good buy or not?
I am from India

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I am looking for windows phone and decided to buy 650. It is the right one for me for my budget. I read some reviews about 650 and many people are blaming this phone. they have mentioned that only fools will spend those money on this outdated chip device.

Is it a good buy or not?
I am from India

as long as you buy it with warranty, do the necessary updates and use it well, you should find no issues with it

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think some of the bad knocks are improperly set expectations going in... It's a budget phone, it won't help you get through a masters degree in mechanical engineering and it won't run auto-CAD. It's not a platform game box replacement. It's a budget phone and is competitive as such.

Some of the other bad mouthing is from comparison envy. 650 vs 640 or 650 vs Name your competition on another platform.

If you like W10M and you expect budget level performance from a Lumia 650, why not get it?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

romant56

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I had a premium phone before the 650 (HTC OneM8) and I love this phone! I don't play games though. I'm guessing it would struggle with some resource-hungry apps, but for me it is fast and smooth.

harihar akhil

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
If your want it to use for your education, then windows phone is a no go.just go for android as it a boot load of apps to help you develop your skills(autocad viewer and editor for Android,udemy,project management apps, exam practice apps etc)

AbhiWindows10

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
We have a good working app - AutoCAD 360 but yes for all the small exam related stuff there are not many.

That doesn't mean its not a great phone !! Im using it for the past one month and with each update the performance has become better, battery life improved, less app crashes and a fluid OS in general.
Originally posted by harihar akhil
If your want it to use for your education, then windows phone is a no go.just go for android as it a boot load of apps to help you develop your skills(autocad viewer and editor for Android,udemy,project management apps, exam practice apps etc)

harihar akhil

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
We have a good working app - AutoCAD 360 but yes for all the small exam related stuff there are not many.

That doesn't mean its not a great phone !! Im using it for the past one month and with each update the performance has become better, battery life improved, less app crashes and a fluid OS in general.
Autocad 360 alone is not enough.When it comes to engineering,android has force effect ,force effect motion,sculpt it,123d circuits, 3d software's,which are no where to be found in windows store plus office apps(wps, google docs,office suite etc ) which are better than ms office plus you don't need to have office subscription for advanced capabilities leaving out office suite

neodk

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
For the value offered, the Office 365 subscription is pretty respectable and if you are already in the Microsoft ecosystem it is an easy choice to make. I prefer Microsoft Office over other competing applications. There is a reason why Office has been the primary choice among businesses and consumers alike.

Is Google gaining traction? Yes.
Are there other free, similarly featured Office suites? Yes.
Will any offering ever be perfect? No.

MS Office isn't all things to all people. It tries to be, but not everyone is going to need or want PowerPoint for presentations. Personally I rely on Office for my personal and professional needs. I've used LibreOffice and it can be comparable but not a firm replacement on the desktop side. Since Office is included on Windows Phone and I already have an Office 365 subscription, I use what I have. If I had an iPhone I would probably still use Office.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Autocad 360 alone is not enough.When it comes to engineering,android has force effect ,force effect motion,sculpt it,123d circuits, 3d software's,which are no where to be found in windows store plus office apps(wps, google docs,office suite etc ) which are better than ms office plus you don't need to have office subscription for advanced capabilities leaving out office suite

office for mobile is free. Most advanced features that you're looking at are ones enterprise personnel need and they most likely have 365

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
The 650 is a nice phone all around. Had mine now for a little over three months and it is perfectly adequate for the tasks i do everyday. Just talk, text, navigation and videos.
Talk texting is cool too with my Bluetooth. Works very well.

Go for it. It's a snappy and fluid experience for the most part. A well made phone with a beautiful screen.

Hendry Scholing

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
I just have the Phone for one week now and I'm loving it. Had Android phones for years, but Always the same problems. Not anymore with the 650. For the budget it's a very nice Phone. And no, I'm not a Phone gamer, so I don't miss things like Pokemon etc. I use the Phone for business and that works great for me.

Snapples

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I needed a phone as a stop gap for a couple of months so I fancied flirting with Windows Mobile and as the 650 is only ?119.00 I thought I would give it a go.

I am so impressed with the 650, great build and feels good in the hand, really nice screen and very fluid in day to day tasks. Fantastic value for money, well done Microsoft.

AbhiWindows10

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Glad you liked it !! Its a beautiful device. And works really well with the latest updates. :)
Originally posted by Snapples
I needed a phone as a stop gap for a couple of months so I fancied flirting with Windows Mobile and as the 650 is only ?119.00 I thought I would give it a go.

I am so impressed with the 650, great build and feels good in the hand, really nice screen and very fluid in day to day tasks. Fantastic value for money, well done Microsoft.

Awesome !!! So did you try the Redstone (Anniversary Update) builds yet ? If not wait for August 2nd ;)
Originally posted by Hendry Scholing
I just have the Phone for one week now and I'm loving it. Had Android phones for years, but Always the same problems. Not anymore with the 650. For the budget it's a very nice Phone. And no, I'm not a Phone gamer, so I don't miss things like Pokemon etc. I use the Phone for business and that works great for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Did my anniversary update a couple of days ago on the 650 and 640 XL with no major problems except some text scaling issues with a couple of sites. Overall an enjoyable experience with both phones that should hopefully last me for at least the next year or so.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos