Continuous beep

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
re:

There is no shortage of reasons it could be beeping. I'm not sure we can pinpoint the issue from your description.

Do you have anything else? Can you describe the sound/beep? Is an alert appearing from a certain app?

Could it be your email app?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
re:

Does it sound like chimes? Are you putting the phone down in a certain area or in a certain pocket when it makes the noise?

Could be the NFC...

Hendry Scholing

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
re:

First i thought it was the email app because I also was transfering my mail from Gmail to Outlook.com, but no new mail was in the outlook app as the oldest emails were transfered first.

Last night, after randomly starting and stopping beeping with different durations it stopped. Also this morning, but it started to beep again during a phonecall. So during the call I hear this beeping constantly. When the phonecall ended the beeping also ended. I know Android Phones have some kind of setting to hear a sound when a phonecall is active, does WM10 have this same feature?

The beep is something like low tone, high tone and 2 lower tones like a chime (hard to discribe :) )

Hendry Scholing

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
re:

It looks like the beeping is starting when I receive a phonecall. Then it is beeping during the phonecall and continues when the call ended. Can it be some kind of a bug? I was so happy with this Phone after years of Android, but this I cannot work with but I don't want to lose the Phone and switch back

Hendry Scholing

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
re:

Does it sound like chimes? Are you putting the phone down in a certain area or in a certain pocket when it makes the noise?

Could be the NFC...

How do I feel stupid now! It is NFC indeed! Yesterday I put in my bankcard in my Mozo case so I didn't have to carry my wallet. My bankcard has a NFC chip in it. When somebody called my I opened the case and flapped the left part of the case behind the right part where my phone is. So then the bankcard and NFC in the phone came in connection range.

Sorry to bother you guys and thanks for helping me out. On the bright side I will keep my Lumia 650 and enjoy it. I'm also installing the insider build right now because i thought it might be bug in the system :)

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
re:

How do I feel stupid now! It is NFC indeed! Yesterday I put in my bankcard in my Mozo case so I didn't have to carry my wallet. My bankcard has a NFC chip in it. When somebody called my I opened the case and flapped the left part of the case behind the right part where my phone is. So then the bankcard and NFC in the phone came in connection range.

Sorry to bother you guys and thanks for helping me out. On the bright side I will keep my Lumia 650 and enjoy it. I'm also installing the insider build right now because i thought it might be bug in the system :)

It's okay, sometimes it's always the simplest issues that make us crazy :grincry:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re:

You certainly are not alone in this. We see this issue regularly enough that it became the go to diagnosis when I saw your question.

Glad it got sorted out easily and you can rock on with your Lumia 650. :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs