The 650 is the best phone i have ever owned and here's why.

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I also don't mind a phone with a little heft...my 925 was noticably heavier than my current 650,...but I find the 650 well made and solid.

I think the 650 will be a classic to Lumia fans because it is the last of the line. Was a great run while we had it.

I enjoy the 650 more now than when I first got it. I use it as my primary phone over my 640 XL. Just waiting for the over the air update to get DDTW.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I also don't mind a phone with a little heft...my 925 was noticably heavier than my current 650,...but I find the 650 well made and solid.

I think the 650 will be a classic to Lumia fans because it is the last of the line. Was a great run while we had it.

I enjoy the 650 more now than when I first got it. I use it as my primary phone over my 640 XL. Just waiting for the over the air update to get DDTW.

I did the WDRT to get the DTTW because, like many of us WP and MS fans, I need it NOW, no, scratch that, I need it YESTERDAY, LAST WEEK, GIVE ME MORE, WHATS NEXT? haha

StarLord0890

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm....well I haven't owned a Microsoft branded Lumia yet....maybe ill get it now lol. I have the last phone Nokia ever built and now ill have the last Lumia ever built too.....NAaaaiCe haha

Sent from mTalk

anon(9312194)

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
Just ordered the 650; can't wait to try it out. My 930 is just constantly hot with any sort of web use and i think it may be time to swap out. You think this is an ok substitute for a 930 when i really don't use it for anything, no games, no photos, no apps - just plain phone, messaging, WhatsApp, email, calendar and very basic gps?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Just ordered the 650; can't wait to try it out. My 930 is just constantly hot with any sort of web use and i think it may be time to swap out. You think this is an ok substitute for a 930 when i really don't use it for anything, no games, no photos, no apps - just plain phone, messaging, WhatsApp, email, calendar and very basic gps?
I don't own the 650 but I think you should be just fine.

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
This was a great thread to read. I'm switching carriers so they had a deal where you get the 650 for free. I signed up and awaiting it. This review sounds very promising and positive.

anon(9312194)

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
I have had the 650 for a few days now and I am impressed. Either my 930 was slow and lagging heavily or this is a nice phone. Yes it is a little slower, but not much; battery is much better. Now I only really use stock apps but this is a real smooth experience.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I bought this thread back because I'm surprised how much I have been really liking this phone. I was on the fence about it originally, wondering if I should have gotten the 950 for the low price that I saw it for once, instead. I flirted with the idea of selling it possibly and keeping the 640 I have. In the month I have had it, it hasn't been painful. I like it a lot better than the 550 (and said 640). Unlike the 550, I didn't feel like I was compromising much in using it.

The remarks about the design, I totally agree. It would be nicer if it was a little shorter, but the fact that I can use this phone one handed without feeling tired (this happened with the 640 too) is great. The size is excellent. Those edges are...uh edgy? Combined with the wooden Mozo back, I am a fan. It is excellent and unique.

The cameras are sufficient. Not sufficient in the way of "this is what it is" but more so if I felt like there was a moment in good lighting in public, I wouldn't not reach for my phone in fear of having bad shots.

Battery life seems to be just fine if I don't use Edge. All in all, this phone is a star. I'm glad that I waited for unlocked Cricket Lumia 650s to appear when I did.

Edit: I have used it as a phone a number of times since getting it and it's been pretty good.

Last edited:

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
On my second 650 I got a few weeks ago. My first one I still have. The sim1 quit working and does not read the card anymore. Probably all the constant switching between phones I was doing.

So I got a new 650 and it performs very well. I always seem to come back to it.

Having higher specs like the 950/XL is nice and gets you more features like 'hey cortana' but the 650 has great performance for it's price and good build quality for a budget device.

Great screen, good battery life, DDTW, very good camera....(Lumia DNA)...phone calls are very clear.

This and my 950 are more than plenty to get through the next year or so until more oem's come on board like the great Alcatel Idol 4.

Will just have to wait and see what the new year brings.

Last edited:

eightyplus

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
I agree with all you have said about the 650, but as a new smartphone owner, since Christmas, I find it impossible to get my email (Outlook) working. I have Win 10 on PC and from PC synced phone, but phone shows not synced on Outlook? I've tried in vain to fins how to setup my providers (BellAliant) but cannot find in phone this option. I also received a security code to place in Microsoft account but it seems unwilling to accept the number I have been given?? I am sure one I get these little things figured out I will really like this phone.

RSB54

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm loving my 650 too! Had it for a couple of days and although it is a bit bigger than I'd prefer it is OK (coming from a 635). I'm on ATT so using an unlocked Cricket phone and also got the MOZO black woodgrain back. Looks fantastic and gets rid of the Cricket logo on the original. I did a restore from backup, which worked pretty well but I'm still fiddling with all the settings. Especially the start screen since it is wider and can have more tiles than my old phone.
One thing that surprises me is Glance, never really got the interest but now that I have it I love it :)

eightyplus

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
I now have mine working 99% and only fault is the anther case that add a hundred pounds to it. I likely will go with a MOZO too as they have a good variety. The leather flip style seemed (on paper) to sound very good but it has several drawbacks including the large amount of leather in the way when making a phone call. I do mostly text and then all is well. My oldest daughter is a Blackberry fan, my youngest a Samsung supporter as is her mother, but Microsoft takes me back to my MS_DOS days and I love Windows 10.

gbm97

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
Great review thanks

Ordered and waiting for my Lumia 650 dual sim which I paid $186.00 CAD.
This will replace my much loved very reliable but now to small Lumia 435
The very best thing about my 435 is its bulky size so I purchased a bulky armor case for my 650 for another $13.99 which will help it from slipping out of my shirt pocket. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01DAX7YN4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I look forward to panorama photo taking because the 650 has some kind of accelerator thing in it to support panorama which the 435 does not have.

Last edited by a moderator:

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't know how I missed this thread while looking for user reviews of Lumia 650. Thankfully, I had gone ahead and bought one anyway. And for €80, felt like a steal. Even if it's an year old now.

RSB54

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
And, I just dropped it and cracked the screen ): it is more than usable for now, hopefully it doesn't keep cracking and get worse. if so I'll buy another 650 as I really like it.

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I had a 650, moved to 950 but eventally returned to 650. The 950 had screen brightness issues (e.g. stayed dark after calling), iris scanner never really worked and hey cortana sometimes worked aftet shouting several times at the phone but it often started by itself when i was talking with someone! The 650 has far less "bells & whistles" but what it promises it does quite stable and smooth.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3