Cricket Putting Lumia 650 On Sale Starting Friday 10/07/16 (It's Back!!!)

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
Re: Cricket Putting Lumia 650 On Sale Starting Friday 10/07/16

I might check into the $50 8 gig plan once I get everything straight and phones working. Had to make two additional accounts to get phones, due to need to activate before adding another to account. Would have bought in store, but they wouldn't waive the $25 activation fee for any of the three lines. Still haven't received a email saying they shipped the phones either.

james42519

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site

if you got the phones on the last day then you got it already if you got the $50 plan. check your plan on the website or web wrapper app thing on the phone. cricket sells windows phones but they can't even be bothered enough to make a real app. they waved the fees since i wasn't a at&t customer and moving number. i kinda was a at&t customer already with net10 so the web site wouldn't let me get phone free but they did it in store.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site

My local stores wouldn't waive the activation fees. I gotta say you get what you pay for in Customer service, I tried chatting this morning from my Lumia 520 to customer service, asking about shipping confirmation. Cricket shut down the chat while I was waiting for response from agent. So I still don't know when anything will ship from Thursday order.

Sorry for rant, I hope all works out. The service has been good on the l520 with hspa speeds at about 3meg down.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site

Fed ex just dropped off my three Lumia 650's. I want to set them up and make sure they work ok be activation. My account rolls over on 12th, so thinking of activating on Saturday.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

This deal returned on Friday 11/18/2016. Cricket put Lumia 650 back on the "Free" list.

Note: Cricket branded phones are locked to Cricket and not even an AT&T SIM will work until unlocked. Requires 6 months service on Cricket to get an unlock code (need not be continuous) or 1 month on the $70 Unlimited plan...

Details: Online and In-Store availability. Some stores currently have a promotion where the Activation Fee ($25) is waived if you port your number to Cricket from any other service excluding AT&T (check your local store for availability of waived Activation Fee).

Microsoft Store regularly lists the Lumia 650 for $199.00
Cricket was carrying the Lumia 650 for $129.99 up until October of this year

Pricing
Free if you port your number to Cricket from any carrier other than AT&T. Some stores will waive the Activation Fee of $25 for porting in. I do not believe the website will waive Activation Fees.
$49.99 + $25 Activation Fee if you port your number in from AT&T or get a new phone number from Cricket.
$49.99 + $25 Upgrade Fee for existing Cricket Customers.

Cricket advises this deal will be available "while supplies last" so it looks like the final push on this device...

Radio spec for the Cricket variant...
From the Cricket Lumia 650 user guide (pg. 132):
GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
WCDMA 850 / 900 / 1700/2100 / 1900 / 2100
LTE Band 2 (1900) / Band 4 (1700/2100) / Band 5 (850) / Band 7 (2600) / Band 12 (700) / Band 28 (700)

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you are purchasing off the Microsoft US Website it should be the RM-1154 NAM variant.

Besides being Dual SIM it should be the same except it also has the firmware to enable DTtW, which Cricket has not pushed.

What's the issue you think would arise? If it is the radio spec, it seems they simply copied over from Microsoft UK and never corrected it...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
sure wish Cricket (or MS) would just sell them unlocked. grrrrr!

Or you can just buy an unlocked one from a third party. They are not many but they are out there.

If you are purchasing off the Microsoft US Website it should be the RM-1154 NAM variant.

Besides being Dual SIM it should be the same except it also has the firmware to enable DTtW, which Cricket has not pushed.

What's the issue you think would arise? If it is the radio spec, it seems they simply copied over from Microsoft UK and never corrected it...

You're correct but unfortunately it doesn't have Band 12.
It's great that this deal is back though!

RSB54

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Or you can just buy an unlocked one from a third party. They are not many but they are out there.

You're correct but unfortunately it doesn't have Band 12.
It's great that this deal is back though!

Exactly my point, MS only sells the International version which won't give you LTE on ATT. AFIK.
I have been looking at eBay for unlocked Cricket phones, they are running around $90-$100 (not bad) but maybe will drop also with this sale.
Sales are always good!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Exactly my point, MS only sells the International version which won't give you LTE on ATT. AFIK.
I have been looking at eBay for unlocked Cricket phones, they are running around $90-$100 (not bad) but maybe will drop also with this sale.
Sales are always good!
I agree. I would have paid that price for an unlocked one so I did. Looking forward to using it!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Sales are always good!

For whatever reason the person, or likely monkey, that is posting Lumia Spec to the store site since 2016 opened is a grade A maroon.

Check this thread.

Check this official spec from Microsoft US site when the device debuted.

The RM-1154 NAM has the same radio as the Cricket variant. It is made for North AMerica. LTE Bands 2/4/5/7/12/28.

IDK why this is getting obfuscated. Take a moment to reflect. What is more likely? A sloppy web page? Or they are selling a phone that is useless to everyone buying it and processing a return on each and every sale?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
For whatever reason the person, or likely monkey, that is posting Lumia Spec to the store site since 2016 opened is a grade A maroon.

Check this thread.

Check this official spec from Microsoft US site when the device debuted.

The RM-1154 NAM has the same radio as the Cricket variant. It is made for North AMerica. LTE Bands 2/4/5/7/12/28.

IDK why this is getting obfuscated. Take a moment to reflect. What is more likely? A sloppy web page? Or they are selling a phone that is useless to everyone buying it and processing a return on each and every sale?

You're right but what is confusing me is that B&H shares the same specs for the same model, and in my experience, they don't put the wrong specs for their phones. I would love for someone to take a picture of the box (with the bands printed on the side) and share it lol

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Only problem I see about Lumia international versions that you have to keep in mind you wont have Reset Protection and that is a US only version phone so keep that in mind. If that not a problem for you then go for the phone. I only know from experience. The prices may look good but I like having all the features one should have based in country :) Just saying. Though I would like to get my hands on a Lumia 650 im just not willing to switch from at&t to cricket. I feel for 47 bucks I get a bit from at&t vs cricket. I.e. data plan of at&t 3gb vs on cricket for 50 bucks you get 2.5gb :(

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Only problem I see about Lumia international versions that you have to keep in mind you wont have Reset Protection and that is a US only version phone so keep that in mind. If that not a problem for you then go for the phone. I only know from experience. The prices may look good but I like having all the features one should have based in country :) Just saying. Though I would like to get my hands on a Lumia 650 im just not willing to switch from at&t to cricket. I feel for 47 bucks I get a bit from at&t vs cricket. I.e. data plan of 30 gb vs on cricket for 50 bucks you get 2.5gb :(
With B&H, they replace the manufacturer's warranty with their own so there's no need to be concerned. I get you on the switch thing though, I like being on T-Mobile.

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
With B&H, they replace the manufacturer's warranty with their own so there's no need to be concerned. I get you on the switch thing though, I like being on T-Mobile.

To be not concern that depends. B&H warranty don't cover replacement if someone steals your phone. Point is Id hate to think if someone steals my phone that they can just reset the phone and have a free phone to use at will. Just saying. I don't have anything against B&H there stuff is great and CS is fine :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077