02-08-2017 12:09 PM
50 12
tools
    sure wish Cricket (or MS) would just sell them unlocked. grrrrr!
    RumoredNow likes this.
    11-19-2016 11:10 PM

Microsoft does sell them unlocked. I'd watch their page like a hawk on Black Friday and even before...

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e?...token=BT_2BoKu

Right now they are still $199, but the end is nigh. They want Lumia phones gone for 2017 it would seem.
    11-19-2016 11:18 PM
    that is not the Cricket, aka U.S. version, so not the same.
    11-20-2016 08:59 AM
    If you are purchasing off the Microsoft US Website it should be the RM-1154 NAM variant.

Besides being Dual SIM it should be the same except it also has the firmware to enable DTtW, which Cricket has not pushed.

What's the issue you think would arise? If it is the radio spec, it seems they simply copied over from Microsoft UK and never corrected it...
    11-20-2016 01:01 PM
    Or you can just buy an unlocked one from a third party. They are not many but they are out there.

If you are purchasing off the Microsoft US Website it should be the RM-1154 NAM variant.

Besides being Dual SIM it should be the same except it also has the firmware to enable DTtW, which Cricket has not pushed.

What's the issue you think would arise? If it is the radio spec, it seems they simply copied over from Microsoft UK and never corrected it...
    You're correct but unfortunately it doesn't have Band 12.
    It's great that this deal is back though!
    11-21-2016 08:25 AM
    Or you can just buy an unlocked one from a third party. They are not many but they are out there.

You're correct but unfortunately it doesn't have Band 12.
    It's great that this deal is back though!
    Exactly my point, MS only sells the International version which won't give you LTE on ATT. AFIK.
    I have been looking at eBay for unlocked Cricket phones, they are running around $90-$100 (not bad) but maybe will drop also with this sale.
    Sales are always good!
    libra89 likes this.
    11-21-2016 04:23 PM
    Exactly my point, MS only sells the International version which won't give you LTE on ATT. AFIK.
    I have been looking at eBay for unlocked Cricket phones, they are running around $90-$100 (not bad) but maybe will drop also with this sale.
    Sales are always good!
    I agree. I would have paid that price for an unlocked one so I did. Looking forward to using it!
    11-21-2016 04:39 PM
    Sales are always good!
    For whatever reason the person, or likely monkey, that is posting Lumia Spec to the store site since 2016 opened is a grade A maroon.

Check this thread.

Check this official spec from Microsoft US site when the device debuted.

The RM-1154 NAM has the same radio as the Cricket variant. It is made for North AMerica. LTE Bands 2/4/5/7/12/28.

IDK why this is getting obfuscated. Take a moment to reflect. What is more likely? A sloppy web page? Or they are selling a phone that is useless to everyone buying it and processing a return on each and every sale?
    11-21-2016 09:21 PM
    For whatever reason the person, or likely monkey, that is posting Lumia Spec to the store site since 2016 opened is a grade A maroon.

Check this thread.

Check this official spec from Microsoft US site when the device debuted.

The RM-1154 NAM has the same radio as the Cricket variant. It is made for North AMerica. LTE Bands 2/4/5/7/12/28.

IDK why this is getting obfuscated. Take a moment to reflect. What is more likely? A sloppy web page? Or they are selling a phone that is useless to everyone buying it and processing a return on each and every sale?
    You're right but what is confusing me is that B&H shares the same specs for the same model, and in my experience, they don't put the wrong specs for their phones. I would love for someone to take a picture of the box (with the bands printed on the side) and share it lol
    11-21-2016 09:25 PM
    Somewhere in this forum we have just that...

I'll look again.
    11-21-2016 09:28 PM
    Somewhere in this forum we have just that...

I'll look again.
    It's fine, you don't have to but now that you mention it, maybe I will dig too. Didn't mean to derail this.
    11-21-2016 09:33 PM
    Only problem I see about Lumia international versions that you have to keep in mind you wont have Reset Protection and that is a US only version phone so keep that in mind. If that not a problem for you then go for the phone. I only know from experience. The prices may look good but I like having all the features one should have based in country :) Just saying. Though I would like to get my hands on a Lumia 650 im just not willing to switch from at&t to cricket. I feel for 47 bucks I get a bit from at&t vs cricket. I.e. data plan of at&t 3gb vs on cricket for 50 bucks you get 2.5gb :(
    11-21-2016 09:33 PM
    Only problem I see about Lumia international versions that you have to keep in mind you wont have Reset Protection and that is a US only version phone so keep that in mind. If that not a problem for you then go for the phone. I only know from experience. The prices may look good but I like having all the features one should have based in country :) Just saying. Though I would like to get my hands on a Lumia 650 im just not willing to switch from at&t to cricket. I feel for 47 bucks I get a bit from at&t vs cricket. I.e. data plan of 30 gb vs on cricket for 50 bucks you get 2.5gb :(
    With B&H, they replace the manufacturer's warranty with their own so there's no need to be concerned. I get you on the switch thing though, I like being on T-Mobile.
    11-21-2016 09:36 PM
    With B&H, they replace the manufacturer's warranty with their own so there's no need to be concerned. I get you on the switch thing though, I like being on T-Mobile.
    To be not concern that depends. B&H warranty don't cover replacement if someone steals your phone. Point is Id hate to think if someone steals my phone that they can just reset the phone and have a free phone to use at will. Just saying. I don't have anything against B&H there stuff is great and CS is fine :)
    11-21-2016 09:40 PM
    Fair point.

Found it!
    No Band 12.

Here is right from the booklet of my North American Lumia 650:

Attachment 124874

Check that up against your provider and you should be set.
    Post came from here.

This is the end of my derail here, seriously. This discussion is taking attention away from the deal
    RumoredNow and RSB54 like this.
    11-21-2016 09:51 PM
    Pricing
    Free if you port your number to Cricket from any carrier other than AT&T. Some stores will waive the Activation Fee of $25 for porting in. I do not believe the website will waive Activation Fees.
    $49.99 + $25 Activation Fee if you port your number in from AT&T or get a new phone number from Cricket.
    $49.99 + $25 Upgrade Fee for existing Cricket Customers.

Cricket advises this deal will be available "while supplies last" so it looks like the final push on this device...
    I was an existing Cricket customer, and upgraded to the Lumia 650 last month on the 27th or 28th. It was $49.99, and there was NO upgrade fee ordering online. It wasn't stated anywhere that there was an activation or upgrade fee during the ordering process, so I don't think they just forgot to add it. If there really is an upgrade fee, maybe it depends on how long you have a customer, or maybe it is only if you get it in a store. Just sharing my experience.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    11-22-2016 07:10 PM
    I was advised today (Wednesday 12/14/2016) that Cricket considers the Lumia 650 End Of Life effective immediately. There are still some in the supply line, but expect them to dwindle rapidly...
    libra89 likes this.
    12-14-2016 11:04 PM
    I have been liking my 650 for past month. My only complaint is calendar tile rarely works. Most of time it is just blank, no date or any appointments. First phone I have had in years that battery lasted all day from wake to bed again. I have to watch a lot of video to need a charge before bed.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    12-14-2016 11:26 PM
    I was advised today (Wednesday 12/14/2016) that Cricket considers the Lumia 650 End Of Life effective immediately. There are still some in the supply line, but expect them to dwindle rapidly...
    Whoa. Thanks for the heads up.

I have been liking my 650 for past month. My only complaint is calendar tile rarely works. Most of time it is just blank, no date or any appointments. First phone I have had in years that battery lasted all day from wake to bed again. I have to watch a lot of video to need a charge before bed.
    I am so jealous...
    The calendar tile is just annoying. It seems like it is forced to work if you turn off your phone and then turn it back on.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    12-15-2016 08:27 AM
    Can't find this phone online at Cricket any more...

I saw one last week in a physical Cricket store. YMMV

If you want one, time is running out fast.
    libra89 likes this.
    02-04-2017 11:36 AM
    I still have a fifth line to port, my land line on Vonage was going to get another 650.
    I have two questions.
    1. Any chance Cricket will get 950 or Alcatel 4s?
    2. Only reason I still have Vonage is for fax. I have heard on some peoples voice message that you can push 4 to fax. Does Cricket offer that?
    02-04-2017 05:08 PM
    Can't find this phone online at Cricket any more...

I saw one last week in a physical Cricket store. YMMV

If you want one, time is running out fast.
    My store manager has confirmed we won't be getting anymore and our dummy model has been taken down. I'm sad about it, but I was literally the only one in my store who even tried to sell it to customers. Of the ones I did sell, the customers loved them, but one a month sold wasn't enough to keep them in stock...
    libra89 and RumoredNow like this.
    02-04-2017 06:05 PM
    I still have a fifth line to port, my land line on Vonage was going to get another 650.
    I have two questions.
    1. Any chance Cricket will get 950 or Alcatel 4s?
    2. Only reason I still have Vonage is for fax. I have heard on some peoples voice message that you can push 4 to fax. Does Cricket offer that?
    There is zero chance of either unfortunately. I was just speaking with our Alcatel rep the other day and he confirmed that there just aren't any plans for the 4s in cricket. That phone was given to T-Mobile running Windows and sold unlocked with Android on it. The 950 is currently under $300 at AT&T which is the parent company of Cricket, so that would be the best way of getting that phone. Just buy it and put a Cricket sim card in it
    RumoredNow likes this.
    02-04-2017 06:10 PM
    That sucks, really would like the Alcatel. Does this mean no more Windows phone period from cricket?

Any information on the faxing?
    Thanks
    02-04-2017 06:46 PM
    That sucks, really would like the Alcatel. Does this mean no more Windows phone period from cricket?

Any information on the faxing?
    Thanks
    At this time. There are no windows phones actively being advertised by Cricket. There are still boxed 640's and some stores will probably have the 650 in stock until they get sold through, but after that, windows phone is gone. I'm expecting AT&T to do the same with the 950 as well but who knows how much more they plan to drop the price of that phone.

Btw, I'm speaking in Corporate terms here. Dealers have their own stock and could keep buying up 650's if they see a way to sell them.
    02-08-2017 12:09 PM
50 12