Cricket Putting Lumia 650 On Sale Starting Friday 10/07/16 (It's Back!!!)

Lightning_Racer

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: Cricket Putting Lumia 650 On Sale Starting Friday 10/07/16

Pricing
Free if you port your number to Cricket from any carrier other than AT&T. Some stores will waive the Activation Fee of $25 for porting in. I do not believe the website will waive Activation Fees.
$49.99 + $25 Activation Fee if you port your number in from AT&T or get a new phone number from Cricket.
$49.99 + $25 Upgrade Fee for existing Cricket Customers.

Cricket advises this deal will be available "while supplies last" so it looks like the final push on this device...

I was an existing Cricket customer, and upgraded to the Lumia 650 last month on the 27th or 28th. It was $49.99, and there was NO upgrade fee ordering online. It wasn't stated anywhere that there was an activation or upgrade fee during the ordering process, so I don't think they just forgot to add it. If there really is an upgrade fee, maybe it depends on how long you have a customer, or maybe it is only if you get it in a store. Just sharing my experience.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I was advised today (Wednesday 12/14/2016) that Cricket considers the Lumia 650 End Of Life effective immediately. There are still some in the supply line, but expect them to dwindle rapidly...

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
I have been liking my 650 for past month. My only complaint is calendar tile rarely works. Most of time it is just blank, no date or any appointments. First phone I have had in years that battery lasted all day from wake to bed again. I have to watch a lot of video to need a charge before bed.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I was advised today (Wednesday 12/14/2016) that Cricket considers the Lumia 650 End Of Life effective immediately. There are still some in the supply line, but expect them to dwindle rapidly...

Whoa. Thanks for the heads up.

I have been liking my 650 for past month. My only complaint is calendar tile rarely works. Most of time it is just blank, no date or any appointments. First phone I have had in years that battery lasted all day from wake to bed again. I have to watch a lot of video to need a charge before bed.

I am so jealous...
The calendar tile is just annoying. It seems like it is forced to work if you turn off your phone and then turn it back on.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Can't find this phone online at Cricket any more...

I saw one last week in a physical Cricket store. YMMV

If you want one, time is running out fast.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
I still have a fifth line to port, my land line on Vonage was going to get another 650.
I have two questions.
1. Any chance Cricket will get 950 or Alcatel 4s?
2. Only reason I still have Vonage is for fax. I have heard on some peoples voice message that you can push 4 to fax. Does Cricket offer that?

Furt

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Can't find this phone online at Cricket any more...

I saw one last week in a physical Cricket store. YMMV

If you want one, time is running out fast.

My store manager has confirmed we won't be getting anymore and our dummy model has been taken down. I'm sad about it, but I was literally the only one in my store who even tried to sell it to customers. Of the ones I did sell, the customers loved them, but one a month sold wasn't enough to keep them in stock...

Furt

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
I still have a fifth line to port, my land line on Vonage was going to get another 650.
I have two questions.
1. Any chance Cricket will get 950 or Alcatel 4s?
2. Only reason I still have Vonage is for fax. I have heard on some peoples voice message that you can push 4 to fax. Does Cricket offer that?
There is zero chance of either unfortunately. I was just speaking with our Alcatel rep the other day and he confirmed that there just aren't any plans for the 4s in cricket. That phone was given to T-Mobile running Windows and sold unlocked with Android on it. The 950 is currently under $300 at AT&T which is the parent company of Cricket, so that would be the best way of getting that phone. Just buy it and put a Cricket sim card in it

Furt

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
That sucks, really would like the Alcatel. Does this mean no more Windows phone period from cricket?

Any information on the faxing?
Thanks

At this time. There are no windows phones actively being advertised by Cricket. There are still boxed 640's and some stores will probably have the 650 in stock until they get sold through, but after that, windows phone is gone. I'm expecting AT&T to do the same with the 950 as well but who knows how much more they plan to drop the price of that phone.

Btw, I'm speaking in Corporate terms here. Dealers have their own stock and could keep buying up 650's if they see a way to sell them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte